Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could only buy one PS4 game

Options
  • 22-10-2014 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

What would it be and why?

I have just purchased the console and have a gift voucher to spend. Have been mainly a PC online gamer for years so not really up to date on what are the must haves.

Have;

Destiny
    Shadow of Mordor
    FIFA
    Trials Fusion
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Plants vs Zombies

I'm currently looking at The Last of Us, Alien Isolation, Driveclub? Any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Playboy wrote: »
    What would it be and why?

I have just purchased the console and have a gift voucher to spend. Have been mainly a PC online gamer for years so not really up to date on what are the must haves.

Have;

Destiny
    Shadow of Mordor
    FIFA
    Trials Fusion
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Plants vs Zombies

I'm currently looking at The Last of Us, Alien Isolation, Driveclub? Any other recommendations?

I hear The Last of Us is very good. Having not played the original I can't compare but the remastered version is supposed to a great improvement on an already great game.

I'm playing The Evil Within now and a lot of people are comparing it (unfavourably) to TLoU, kinda wish I bought that instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

It all depends on what you're looking for. If you've never played the Last Of Us then I would definitely recommend it. The graphics are gorgeous, story line is there as is the gameplay. I had it on the PS3 and replayed it through on the PS4 when it was released. Brilliant stuff.

I'm currently playing Drive Club, a lot. It's great fun. I also have Alien Isolation which I've played briefly amasing atmosphere. A slow burner for me which I'll dip in and out of as and when.

If I was able to wipe the slate clean and play any of those 3 games from scratch, then TLOU wins hands down for me.

My two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GerB40 wrote: »
    I hear The Last of Us is very good. Having not played the original I can't compare but the remastered version is supposed to a great improvement on an already great game.

I'm playing The Evil Within now and a lot of people are comparing it (unfavourably) to TLoU, kinda wish I bought that instead..

I wouldn't go as far as to say great improvement, the framerate is really all you're paying for, it looked excellent on the PS3 as it was.

If you haven't played it then it should be easily first choice in answer to the question posed.
    I've yet to play Alien Isolation but it's next on my list, I've only heard good things about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Although I haven't played it yet I'd say go with shadow,heard nothing but good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Although I haven't played it yet I'd say go with shadow,heard nothing but good things about it.

I have Shadow of Mordor. Enjoying it so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

The Last of Us is a must play. Reviews for Alien and Driveclub aren't great. Haven't heard anything firsthand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Has to be the last of us. Great single player game to get you right in the feels, comes with extra dlc in "left behind" and then the only "factions" is great fun.
    Im playing online every night at the moment :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Diablo 3 is a good game aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If you haven't played it on PS3, then TLoU all the way. Alien Isolation is fantastic too, don't mind the reviews. If you liked the first movie you'll love it straight away.

Didn't think too much of DriveClub, far too arcady for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Picked up the TLoU. Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Resogun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Wolfenstein for me... and then Resogun. The whole Driveclub debacle has left a bad taste in the mouth for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Look like I really need to get TLOU. Was going to wait till my xmas hols as would have time to play it. Is it a game that could be played a bit every week, like an hour or is it better to wait to be able to play extended periods?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

String wrote: »
    Look like I really need to get TLOU. Was going to wait till my xmas hols as would have time to play it. Is it a game that could be played a bit every week, like an hour or is it better to wait to be able to play extended periods?

I played it about an hour or two at a time, and took it all in - it can leave you feeling drained sometimes from playing it... but its a great game!

You would probably fly through it in a night or two otherwise, play it on hard for a good challenge....

Play it what way you want, you will have a blast

Advertisement