Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked out card while abroad

Options
  • 22-10-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I entered my pin correctly three times. I now remember the correct pin. I need to know the fastest way to get my card reset. This card is my only access to cash so it's pretty urgent. I can't call as I have no credit and can't get credit as I am locked out of my account...

I've sent a message to online services but was told I won't get a reply for one to two working days, so I hope this is a bit faster...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Roison101.

Thanks for getting in touch and a very warm welcome to Boards.ie.

If you have incorrectly entered your pin number 3 times at an ATM, then it becomes locked for 24 hours and will automatically reset itself after this time. However, if you have entered it incorrectly at the point of sale, then you will be able to unlock it at a chip and pin ATM that displays the unlock pin facility. International banks ATMS usually have this function available on them.

We hope this helps. If we can assist you with anything further, please let us know.
    Enjoy your time abroad.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roisin101

Dear Laura, 

Excellent! Thank you for such a quick reply!

Roisin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

You're very welcome Roisin.

If we can help you with anything at all in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a great trip.
    Laura

Advertisement