Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I need to talk to about requesting an additional vDSL cabinet setup?

Options
  • 22-10-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi guys, other than talking to our local TD is there somewhere I can request an additional vDSL cabinet be setup? I looked at the rollout plans for Watergrasshill and there are two cabinets planned. From the layout the planned cabinet rollout is aimed at the village centre and the business park on the other side of the motorway. I have attached a picture showing where a third cabinet should be placed to maximize coverage of a large housing area and industry in Condonstown. It is 300m along the main road so would not be a big deal but would mean availability for a lot more people. There are a lot of new houses built there over the last few years. Thanks

B  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

brimur69 wrote: »
    Hi guys, other than talking to our local TD is there somewhere I can request an additional vDSL cabinet be setup? I looked at the rollout plans for Watergrasshill and there are two cabinets planned. From the layout the planned cabinet rollout is aimed at the village centre and the business park on the other side of the motorway. I have attached a picture showing where a third cabinet should be placed to maximize coverage of a large housing area and industry in Condonstown. It is 300m along the main road so would not be a big deal but would mean availability for a lot more people. There are a lot of new houses built there over the last few years. Thanks

B  
    Hi brimur69

There is no area or department you can contact as the roll-out of eribre and upgrade of eircoms infrastructure cannot be based upon request. All eircoms infrastructural & Network decisions are at the discretion of eircom and specific requests to develop a specific area are not taken.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Also from a tech basis the cabs can only go where existing copper cabs are already in place.

Advertisement