Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston for Christmas

Options
  • 22-10-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

I might be going to Boston for Christmas, meaning I will be leaving around 22nd December until January 3rd or something, my question is, I will be 6 months pregnant by then and wondering will immigration be cautious that I might be staying over?
    I have zero intention of staying anyways :P
    Also do they still look for an address for where you are staying while there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I doubt that you will have any issues. Yes, you will need to know the address when applying for the ESTA and I think the white/blue customs form at the airport asks for an address.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Thanks Rua! I am planning on staying with a friend but I am worried about the address because of another person living there who has over stayed? Will they look into this or is it just a case of having an address on paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I think you'll be okay, just having the address is fine. Just be honest and straight if any questions come up. 'Yeah, just staying with a friend for the holidays'. You know yourself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Yea I have nothing to hide haha just scared cos of being pregnant and travelling alone was worried they would question me! Cheers Ruu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You should be ok, seeing as it is the holiday period & you (I presume) only have a short trip booked.

But, as you said yourself, your being heavily pregnant does put you in a high risk bracket for over staying, from their point of view.

So don't be surprised if they ask you about your personal circumstances...are you married, are you traveling with your spouse, are you returning to full time employment in Ireland, are you a home owner in Ireland etc etc. It shouldn't be all that big of a deal, but just be prepared to answer any questions that come up, in a manner that presents you & your intentions in the best possible light.

Be prepared to answer questions about who you are staying with...their names, addresses, their relationship to you, who else lives in the house etc etc. Be honest and truthful at all times, but don't offer up any information that is not asked for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You should be ok, seeing as it is the holiday period & you (I presume) only have a short trip booked.

But, as you said yourself, your being heavily pregnant does put you in a high risk bracket for over staying, from their point of view.

So don't be surprised if they ask you about your personal circumstances...are you married, are you traveling with your spouse, are you returning to full time employment in Ireland, are you a home owner in Ireland etc etc. It shouldn't be all that big of a deal, but just be prepared to answer any questions that come up, in a manner that presents you & your intentions in the best light possible.

Be prepared to answer questions about who you are staying with...their names, addresses, their relationship to you, who else lives in the house etc etc. Be honest and truthful at all times, but don't offer up any information that is not asked for.

All of this advice is right on the money.

Advertisement