Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely pissed off and considering closing my BOI current account

Options
  • 22-10-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi BOI,

This summer I applied for a mortgage - which was accepted - and started the whole process of purchasing an apartment.
    I got a €55.000 gift from my dad, and my morgage advisor gave me a document to be signed by my father.
    BOI got the signed document this summer, around 10th of July.
    Today, on October 22nd, 1 day before closing the sale, for some reason the Dublin branch wants another document signed by my father, which means:
    - moving the closing date
    - wasting at least another 10 days, if not more, since my father lives abroad and the document has to be sent by post and back
    - I have pay another month of rent since I cannot move straight away due to the delay
    - Messing up with my life, since I had already everything packed and ready to move in my current apartment + planned holidays + people coming to visit me

I would like to know WHY Bank of Ireland wants another signed document NOW and didn’t ask for it during the last 3 months and half. 

I'm extremely pissed off and considering closing my current account and move to another bank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi MrQuimper.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us and are sorry to hear of the predicament you are in.

As all mortgage applications are based on a case to case basis and different conditions are required to meet approval, we would not know the reason behind this request.

We would like to look into this and arrange for a representative to give you a call. Please send us a PM with your full name, address, contact number and the branch you bank with and we'll be happy to arrange this for you.

Thanks,
    Laura

Advertisement