Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone €55 plan Vs Three €55 plan

Options
  • 22-10-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭

Have been with Vodafone for many years and am out of contract now and considering a change. Three's €55 all you can eat plan appeals to me as I use a lot of data. I've read a lot of complaints here about Three so am a bit concerned about signing up to 24 months with them.

Anyone offer advice on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've been with them for over a year on that plan, and have no complaints about the coverage or quality of network. I did have trouble with their sales guys when my phone was defective, but that eventually got resolved after going public on here and threatening the small claims court. All you can eat data is great, I'm pretty sure I use about 3GB a month on my phone alone, and coverage around rathfarnham is great too, and whenever I'm up ticknock direction it's grand too, although I'm not 100% certain on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Have been with Vodafone for many years and am out of contract now and considering a change. Three's €55 all you can eat plan appeals to me as I use a lot of data. I've read a lot of complaints here about Three so am a bit concerned about signing up to 24 months with them.

Anyone offer advice on this?

If you are an eircom customer or if anyone in your family is you can get a 4g contract with 5gigs and all your calls and texts for €39 a month (€24 for the first 6 months).
    Not sure if 5 gb of data is enough for you but its loads for me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thanks lads. I've been on the €35 plan with VF but continuously go over data, that's why Three appeals to me.

The €55 VF plan comes with 3Gig data and 4G. Both want €50 for an S5. Gonna push VF for a free phone, if not I'll probably go with Three.

Thanks lads. I've been on the €35 plan with VF but continuously go over data, that's why Three appeals to me.

The €55 VF plan comes with 3Gig data and 4G. Both want €50 for an S5. Gonna push VF for a free phone, if not I'll probably go with Three.

After having an S4, I don't know how set I'd be on another Samsung, but I'm basing that purely on the last model, don't know much about this iteration! Worth doing some research at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I had huge issues with Three dropping to Edge when indoors and data is unusable on Edge. I find Vodafone a vastly superior network. I'm sure this will change when they incorporate the O2 network fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What area was that dude?

@ AlanS I've had a couple Samsung models already and very happy with them. Are there reported issues with the S5?

What area was that dude?

@ AlanS I've had a couple Samsung models already and very happy with them. Are there reported issues with the S5?

Sorry dude, not often around these parts. Haven't been paying any attention to the S5 side of things, so can't offer advice unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

I've tried both Meteor and Three in the last 6 months and been very disappointed with their mobile networks in north Dublin & north County Dublin. Tried Vodafone as a last resort because they're so much more expensive but their network seems much better - better quality signal and more 4G in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Why not get a payg sim first and see how that goes before you commit? http://www.three.ie/shop/sim-only-plans/prepay-sim-only/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Threes package doesn't include reception? That's a add on.

I noticed a huge drop in reception since moving from meteor to three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

What area was that dude?

Cork City, especially indoors in the wilton area.

Advertisement