Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best option for baggy / loose fit jeans

• 22-10-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭

Right, I've had it with wearing skinny / slim jeans, my legs are too big and my feet are too big and they just don't suit me.

Its time to get back to wearing some nice baggy / loose jeans. Anyone got any ideas? All the options in the shops now tend to be slim / straight / spray on (WTF??) or the dreaded bootcut. I don't wanna go bootcut or flared necessarily, but I would go for a loose / baggy fit, regardless if they taper or not.

Anyone got any suggestions? Specifically for looser or baggy fit trousers? And I don't want to go the Road Jeans fit either - that's just too baggy. Carhartt aren't a great fitting jeans either, but I'm guessing Tribe is my best place to start looking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

To answer my own post, I found these:

http://www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=65475&vid=1&pid=000737512000

Anyone got any experience with GAP jeans?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

To answer my own post, I found these:

http://www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=65475&vid=1&pid=000737512000

Anyone got any experience with GAP jeans?

Wouldn't be an expert on clothes but I tried a few pairs on in the store a good while back and all jeans are the vanity size thing.Shop assistant told me go down at least one size (i had to go down two) otherwise you'd need a tight belt to hold them up( seem to be marketed towards big boned Americans).

Skinny jeans aren't skinny .. slightly slim at best

Slim are just the standard straight jeans, comfortable & smart I like em alot

Staight standard jeans- tried them on first and they're massive, even going down from 34 to 32 waist size remember thinking I could fit two legs inside just one. If you want baggier jeans these are your man.

Loose fit- Didn't bother with these.... Derek Davis, Pavarotti territory

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

G star are pretty good for a loose fit that isn't too baggy. I think they might be called relaxed fit or similar. Pricy but excellent jeans, himself loves them. They last years, well worth the money.

Thanks, I never had any luck with G Star in the past, I found them very uncomfortable.

I'll check out Gap.

I'll probably end up buying my usual jeans again, the Diesel Larkee fit. Pretty good but v pricey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Next and Burtons both have loose/relaxed fit jeans.

• Advertisement

I got the Gap ones - they are spot on! Not bootcut but loose and baggy enough but not sloppy. I got the dark indigo. €45. Happy days.

They do have that sort of cheaper denim feel about them though; big difference in the feel between them and the Diesel jeans. Well, you get what you pay for I suppose. I'm happy with them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

Genius on Exchequer St always have nice jeans.
    Sales assistant can be a bi pushy if you get a bad one - "suits you sir"

Yeah that's where I saw the Diesel ones - though the last two pairs I've gotten weren't from there. I don't like their changing rooms - the doors are too small. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

Yeah that's where I saw the Diesel ones - though the last two pairs I've gotten weren't from there. I don't like their changing rooms - the doors are too small. :-)

There is a diesel shop in kildare village. I think that the jeans in there maybe slightly imperfect though. The have good deals on a couple of pairs ought together.
    Hey nobody is perfect I suppose. There might be something there for you if you are passing

Thanks yeah, I was in that Diesel shop in Kildare recently! If I wanted bright blue stone washed jeans in a 28" waist I was sorted... but unfortunately I was wasn't.

M&M Direct have good deals on Diesel jeans too.

Happy with the Gap one so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭jeanrose770

I love a comfy jean. I have my fair share of the skinnies and tight fitting, but also appreciate the looser baggier comfy jeans as well. I have found a nice Rock and Republic straight cut that I love. Nice waist, not too hight, nice fit on the bum and looser legs. Little longer which looks nice rolled or kind of bunced around the ankle.
    Also the "Boyfriend" cut from OLD NAVY and BULLHEAD are also super nice.
    I believe you can find the brands Rock and Republic at Nordstroms and Macy's.
    Bullhead would be Pacsun in the Mall.

Also the "Boyfriend" cut

I'm a dude. :)

Advertisement