Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Parking Near City Centre

Options
  • 22-10-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I heard there is free parking around south circular road and clanbrassil street.

Is this true? And if so would you easily get parking and would the car be safe?

Also would you walk into Stephens Green area in about 20 mins from the above?

Or does anyone have any other places you can park for free near centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How about parking a little further out and taking a dart or luas? On street parking around Sandymount for example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

vicwatson wrote: »
    How about parking a little further out and taking a dart or luas? On street parking around Sandymount for example

Ah sandy mount would be miles out of my way. The above two I mentioned in my OP would be decent tho. Heard someone saying there is free parking in these areas.

I'd consider driving if true.

Although commuting might be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

vicwatson wrote: »

Sandymount is in the Orange zone, the vast majority of the streets have white boxes and it costs €1 per hour to park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

There's housing estates in that area that you can park in but the residents aren't too happy about it. It's also quite hit and miss and you wouldn't want to be always relying on it.

Advertisement