Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Costa Conundrum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Some sources on Twitter reckon he made a good run after signalling to come off and didn't look injured.

Went straight down the tunnel. Gonna have to watch the highlights now....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mourinho says Diego Costa was withdrawn after taking a knock to his leg.

https://twitter.com/chelseafc

Dónal wrote: »
    Lads on the soccer forum also mentioned this. I did see someone on Twitter mention that he needed to take a piss which is why he signalled to come off! Probably best to wait for more news tomorrow.

Unless you were about to pull the trigger on Pelle to Bony tonight!! :mad:

Selling for Aguero
    F1ngers wrote: »

Also:

Mourinho says Diego Costa will be ready for Saturday's game at Sunderland. #CFC

Also:

Thanks Jose! :)

Hopefully that knock angers him......a bit of a sore leg seems to be a good thing for his owners....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    Costa's ownership on the rise - very nearly on 2M - has any player been owned by that many before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Waiting for more news
    manual_man wrote: »
    Costa's ownership on the rise - very nearly on 2M - has any player been owned by that many before?

Pretty sure Costa himself was owned by over 2 million pre GW9 when a load ditched him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Selling for Aguero
    jebforever wrote: »
    Pretty sure Costa himself was owned by over 2 million pre GW9 when a load ditched him.

He's currently owned by 58.8% of players.

Pretty sure he was aroiund 65% back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I wonder how many of the top 10k own him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Waiting for more news
    I wonder how many of the top 10k own him?

At the start of the last gameweek 74% of the top 10,000 owned him according to FPL Discovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ah so he'll be rested so :P

Selling for Aguero
    Are we setting up a new poll to see Are You Keeping Diego Costa for the Festive Period :pac: :pac: :pac:

Selling for Aguero
    Mentioned earlier on Twitter:

Jose Mourinho says everybody, bar Nathan Ake, is fit for tomorrow's game. #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

16 points over 7 GWs (including next GW) since this started.... Not a bad return for the brave.

I brought him back last week but I'm still delighted for the bravos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    PARlance wrote: »
    16 points over 7 GWs (including next GW) since this started.... Not a bad return for the brave.

I sold him for -4 for bony this week :D got terry in as part of it to boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.

You just had to cave :p; here's your mug

BId84fS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

16 points over 7 GWs (including next GW) since this started.... Not a bad return for the brave

It's poor for 11 million!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I really don't think he is essential as fab and Hazard or both can be used to cover his points. My plan was to get him in after this 5th yellow. I'm thinking now I might not bother. Who do I drop from Terry fab and Hazard to get him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    I really don't think he is essential as fab and Hazard or both can be used to cover his points. My plan was to get him in after this 5th yellow. I'm thinking now I might not bother. Who do I drop from Terry fab and Hazard to get him in.

I now have terry and hazard
    dont think I'll be getting him back either
    aguero is a must have as he is also on pens and points are not shared around as much so he gets more baps
    I feel free !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭internet_user

Selling for Aguero
    Not only has he been a poor return over the last few weeks but as a player I don't like him either. If he was my only issue for mid-week I'd be getting rid of him. But as I have lots of other problems I'll be keeping for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »
    I sold him for -4 for bony this week :D got terry in as part of it to boot

And you think I did well - that's transfer of the week material ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Selling for Aguero
    Tempted to bring in Rooney for Costa -4. Have a feeling Rooney could score big against Stoke.

Thoughts?

And is Rooney on penalties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Selling for Aguero
    djPSB wrote: »
    Tempted to bring in Rooney for Costa -4. Have a feeling Rooney could score big against Stoke.

Thoughts?

And is Rooney on penalties?

Van P on penalties.
    Haven't much faith in Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Invincible wrote: »
    Van P on penalties.
    Haven't much faith in Rooney.

I think Rooney plays deeper when Falcao starts, and he might start on Tuesday.

Selling for Aguero

In fairness, no one is esssential. Even Suarez was not (or at least stopped being) for the last couple of months last year.

I think we tend to overplay Costa bad run. He got injured. He missed 2 games. There are questions about his fitness. I understand all that can be worrying for a £11m player. But he played 11 games and he scored 11 goals so far.

He bloody fØcked me this week and if I can't blame ADM and Yun for getting injured I can blame him for not scoring and for getting booked but if I try to put aside the inner rage of another epic captain fail, I must remember that, last year everyone was expecting him to stop his glorious scoring run, to get tired, to get injured and in the end he held up until the third last La Liga game. And Chelsea fixtures are favourable enough to see him continue scoring consistently.

The only thing is we won't know if he's currently fit enough to play 3 games a week.

I was all set to bring costa back in Im having my doubts now again.
    Looking at chelsea's fixtures after this week they arent great and congestion wise chelsea actually have it worse than any other team.
    They play stoke away on the Mon night next week and after this week have 3 out of 4 away.
    Mon Dec 22 stoke A
    Fri Dec 26 Wham H
    Sun Dec 28 Southampton A
    Thu Jan 1 Spurs A
    Im thinking should I just get dzeko in for aguero and not bother with costa. My planned transfer next week was to get dzeko in for Ings. If I get dzeko this week though I can use my transfer next week for a city midfielder yaya or silva and bench ings.

I got him back in as planned this week. But all along (certainly after I'd sold him for his suspension and therefore had no value tied up in him) I haven't fancied him for the Xmas fixtures, think he'll sit at least one out and could well pick up a knock. And as you highlight, they're not the greatest fixtures for goals.

I was planning to swap him to probably Benteke for a run around GW18, however, unexpectedly my 2 week punt of RVP (who I'd planned to swap out for Costa this week till Aguero got broke) has become a viable Aguero replacement.

In short, I'm happier having him in my team for the next two weeks at least, and was open to moving him again after that, however if RVP starts to deliver I may end up dropping Costa again after Stoke or even next week. They are auditioning to stay, hopefully it keeps them both in their toes.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had planned to get him back in but happy enough now to let it go until Wildcard at least. Too much congestion/rotation in December, not the nicest fixtures in the world and happy enough with Hazard.

Good alternative forward options available at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

At the weekend I just assumed I'd be getting back with Costa even though I was flirting with many other options.

Now I might have to take it to the next level with one of my many suitors leaving Costa alone. There's so many choices though and Costa does offer a certain reassuring comfort.

Time for another round of shots before I make my mind up.

I wish I didnt make a knee jerk take fabregas out move earlier in the week. As I couldve benched fab and done aguero to dzeko and had a strong 4 4 2 with no hits. I think fab and hazard are very likely to start the 4 xmas games whereas costa less so.

• Advertisement

Selling for Aguero
    Looking at chelsea's fixtures after this week they arent great and congestion wise chelsea actually have it worse than any other team.
    They play stoke away on the Mon night next week and after this week have 3 out of 4 away.

Mon Dec 22 stoke A
    Fri Dec 26 Wham H
    Sun Dec 28 Southampton A
    Thu Jan 1 Spurs A
    Im thinking should I just get dzeko in for aguero and not bother with costa. My planned transfer next week was to get dzeko in for Ings. If I get dzeko this week though I can use my transfer next week for a city midfielder yaya or silva and bench ings.

Yeah, that's something I've been addressing for a little while now (since I did my GK analysis)...

Having 3 Chelsea for Christmas may not be the best of ideas... If only we had more guarantees about City players (Kompany & Yaya 4 YC, Silva fitness, Clichy/Kolarov 50/50 games sharing...). In the Zab maybe one of the best option at the back (though he should miss a game).

Dzeko played about 80 min yesterday so I presume he's fit enough. I didn't see the game but apparently he wasn't great. That said City won't face teams like AS Roma during their Christmas wonder-run. I think he's ahead of Jovetic in the picking order. So yeah Costa may not be the best choice now (though I'm hoping to be wrong and he'd reward me for holding onto him from the start).

The only con to your strategy but knowing how you approach the game I'm pretty sure you don't give a damn :pac: is Costa ownership which is close to 55%.

I wish I didnt make a knee jerk take fabregas out move earlier in the week. As I couldve benched fab and done aguero to dzeko and had a strong 4 4 2 with no hits. I think fab and hazard are very likely to start the 4 xmas games whereas costa less so.

Does someone know how Wenger was handling Fabregas over Christmas (though Mourinho may do differently)?

iroced wrote: »

The only con to your strategy but knowing how you approach the game I'm pretty sure you don't give a damn :pac: is Costa ownership which is close to 55%.

Ive had about 7 to 8 weeks now of worry about what high ownership players may do and Ive by and large got away with it. TBH I could do with a more relaxing GW and do feel that my run of taking risks and being rewarded is about to come to an end. So believe it or not I am actually thinking of playing safe:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I've gone for Dzeko over Costa as my Aguero replacement because of City's great fixtures until January. I feel like I'm playing with fire though and Costa will do to me what he did in Gameweeks 3 & 4 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Mon Dec 22 stoke A
    Fri Dec 26 Wham H
    Sun Dec 28 Southampton A
    Thu Jan 1 Spurs A
    Did they play them Last Christmas as well?

patmac wrote: »
    Did they play them Last Christmas as well?

Well played .. They seem to break their hearts every year

Close thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Close thread.

I've had him since day one, but it's come to a point now where you can almost certainly just run with 3 mid-priced striking options (Bony, Austin and Pelle just as an example), 5 premium midfielders and 2/3 premium defenders.

Since I've started playing the game, I've never seen that. There's always been at least one premium striker you need in your squad, but until Aguero is back there's really no need any more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Paully D wrote: »
    I've had him since day one, but it's come to a point now where you can almost certainly just run with 3 mid-priced striking options (Bony, Austin and Pelle just as an example), 5 premium midfielders and 2/3 premium defenders.

Since I've started playing the game, I've never seen that. There's always been at least one premium striker you need in your squad, but until Aguero is back there's really no need any more.

This is me.

Paully D wrote: »

Ye It seems to be the way to go. Id fab Haz and terry as my Chelsea 3 but went back to costa last week when fab was suspended. I think 3 Chelsea is viable either 2 defs and Haz or fab Haz 1 def.

• Advertisement

Selling for Aguero
    have a funny feeling Costa is gonna do the biz against West Ham, but i can see myself dumpin him after regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

have a funny feeling Costa is gonna do the biz against West Ham, but i can see myself dumpin him after regardless

Yeah I've stuck with the big bruiser this far, whats another week? He may come back into a streak of form and I dont desperately need the funds elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Selling for Aguero
    I've had him since GW5 - thats 13 GW's in a row and he has gotten 37 points. I've actually scored more from Boyd in the same period. Bye Bye Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Have a feeling he'll be benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Costa with a double-digit haul just before the masses play their WC next week. Glad I kept the faith. Mind you, I nearly ditched him on more than one occasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Selling for Aguero
    Costa with a double-digit haul just before the masses play their WC next week. Glad I kept the faith. Mind you, I nearly ditched him on more than one occasion

Plan on using my wc this week certain gives food for thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    Owned him for his three biggest hauls, didn't own him for his 3.6 ppg stretch. This Costa lark is easy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Selling for Aguero
    He is the only player I have had since GW1.....I just cant get rid of the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Selling for Aguero
    He is the only player I have had since GW1.....I just cant get rid of the lad.

The Fear is too much

Selling for Aguero
    Owned him for his three biggest hauls, didn't own him for his 3.6 ppg stretch. This Costa lark is easy :pac:
    Beware with autosatisfaction you could jinx it all for you :p. With the season you're having you now HAVE To get a 3 digits finish!

I've had costa for a fair bit of the season and today is the first day he has got a double digit score for me. I felt I was jinxed with him as every time I transferred him out he got a double digit haul I was very close to doing it again this morning.Lucky escape.

• Advertisement
Advertisement