Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anyone in the art world in cork

Options
  • 22-10-2014 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hey guys

I've some african art for sale. I was in tanzania working with Pamoja Child and Youth Foundation and they asked me to take some art home and sell it for them.

The point is I'm wondering is there any market in cork for african art? It'd be really good if I could find somebody who'd like to buy a lot of art from them. I'm not an art person so just trying to network. :)

Some background to the organisation:
    They're based in mwanza in northern tanzania. It's the second largest city and there's a huge proportion of children working and/or living on the streets. Railway children estimate that there are 1,500 working and/or living on the streets.

Pamoja support and care for 18 boys and one girl who used to live on the streets. They have a small house and they teach the boys acrobatics, art, how to make bracelets, agriculture and they've started making school bags.

They also run a nursery for 62 children in the community that can't afford school. The nursery children are vulnerable and likely to end up on the street.

They do street work where they interact with the children on the streets in town. When they have money they run street days where they play football, give them first-aid, run senitising sessions, give them a chance to wash themselves and their clothes and they give them lunch. They still go into town regulary to talk to the boys even if they don't have money.

Pamoja has no funding, nobody has a wage. The guys that work there are all poor but everything is spent on the children.

Their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pamoja.tz?fref=ts
    Paintings I have left: http://s48.photobucket.com/user/rarghrainbow/library/Paintings?sort=3&page=1

Sorry about the long post. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Might be a good idea to call into the Crawford College of Art and Design. There's also the old FAS/Government Building across the river from the Grand Parade (big ugly heap of a thing), lot of arty stuff going on in there these days and they may have useful contacts for you.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Cheers, much appreciated :)

Advertisement