Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on this DeLonghi espresso machine

• 22-10-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the below DeLonghi product. Looking to buy my first machine, at the lower end of the market obviously, just want something around the €100 mark. If anyone has one of these could you please let me know what it is like? Open to any other suggestions as well. Many thanks from a newbie!

Sorry can't post any links or pics. Machine is the Delonghi black 'Motivo' ECC220.B espresso coffee machine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Hi
    I had one of these machines. Makes very good espresso for the price. Got mine up north in Curry's for £60. The Delonghi EC152 Pump Espresso Coffee Machine is a similar machine and is what I use at the moment. However, the 220 had greater height cup clearance for using larger cups and mugs. Don't expect any of these to last more than 1-2 years. It depends how how many shots you brew each day. My 220 lasted about 18 months and we were getting 5 or 6 shots a day from it. Luckily I had purchased an extended warranty of 3 years (for£12).
    These machines are good value and with proper maintenance and descaling could last longer. I have never used the pods, always ground my own coffee with a Rocky doserless grinder and ordered fresh beans online. The beans and grinder are probably more important that the espresso machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like a good entry level machine and I can get it for around the €100 euro mark. Hopefully last two plus years though!! Noted about the beans and grinder. Will look into that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

This looks to be reduced but coming in around the €280 mark

Have a similar machine and very happy with it

Looks like they have dropped £60 off it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057173350

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately that's a bit outside my price range. Maybe next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Ordered one of these yesterday:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00921Q4QW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Decent discount and, overall, has decent reviews.

• Advertisement
Advertisement