Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crowd Funding Recomendations

Options
  • 22-10-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good Crowd funding site for a small Irish business idea. (Kickstarter looks great but not sure if it's suited to funding an business based in Ireland) but is more relevant to a commercial business in Ireland.

If you have used them can you tell me what was your experience of them and how did your funding go ?

Ive looked at Fundit.ie but it seems very arts or project orientated and I also looked at iFund.ie but there doesn't seem to be much activity on it ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

dbran wrote: »

Would you classify that as crowdfunding or crowdlending/crowdfinance?

Kickstarter began accepting Irish based projects a couple of months ago, I must go and see if there's many examples/successes yet.

iFund.ie looks like it was DOA, there's another Irish one that I can't think of now that doesn't appear to have done much.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

Yep. that looks more like a lending site but definately an option.

Kickstarter is great but for the peoplewho will fund at a certain level I wanted to provide them with our service in return for their support, if the funding is successful. But If the funder is not in Ireland it would not be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You need to be trading two years to get funding through linked finance was going to use them before!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Graham wrote: »

Kickstarter began accepting Irish based projects a couple of months ago, I must go and see if there's many examples/successes yet.

Kickstarter only started accepting Irish projects for the Irish site last month and that was just registration of interest, its officially open since Tuesday. Previous to that the only way you could pitch was in partnership with someone in the UK or US already on those sites.

You also have indiegogo as another option which is somewhat popular as it isnt all or nothing.

You could always put a note on the reward which requires the person to be based in Ireland to receive it and put it at a higher value than those that can be funded by people anywhere.

If you are going to do one its vital you have regular updates for the duration of the campaign to keep it fresh and people talking about it. Also decent stretch goals based on the funding amounts. Its worth your while looking at ones that raised decent money and see how they updated their campaigns over the duration of the funding appeal and afterwards once they were funded. Theres also some good blogs and videos online as regards campaigns that failed the first time due to poor execution and then with a different approach got funded very quickly. Have a look at the 'Coolest Cooler' for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

In conjunction with the enterprise boards There are microfinance loans of up to €5000 been offered now if the bank won't lend to you.. I know its not what your looking for but it might help! ill look for a link tomorrow when im on a laptop

Advertisement