Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a switch the answer

Options
  • 22-10-2014 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

I'm using the eircom supplied home plug to send signal to the TV in the living room, and it works perfectly. In the cabinet under the TV that housed the eircom eVision box I also have an Apple TV and an ARCAM Hifi unit. The ARCAM accesses Internet radio over wifi as does the Apple TV.

Occasionally the ARCAM won't access internet radio, especially since the Apple TV was placed on top of it, even with everything else switched off ???

I'm thinking about putting a simple network switch in the cabinet, taking its input from the eircom home plug and outputs to each of the devices. Since only one device is powered up at a time I don't think I would have an issue
    ...or would I?

Also can anyone recommend a suitable switch and a source to buy one?

Comments

Advertisement