Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions

Options
  • 22-10-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm sorry, I've tried to look through the various threads but can't seem to find certain info. I have a few questions and I hope you guys here can help.

Bought a Vivid kit yesterday from a local shop. Its comes with a leaflet but it contains very little info.

How long does the atomiser last (they call it a clearomiser which I presume is the same thing) and how do you know when its gone?

How dangerous is the e liquid? In the leaflet its mentioned as Toxic but don't detail what you should do if you spill it or get some on yourself.

Do you have to clean anything with this?

Can I use any liquids with this e cig or does it have to be Vivid branded?

Do people smoke them like normal cigs? eg do you smoke it for 5 minutes every hour or so?

Sorry for all these questions but I'm a complete newbie to all this and don't know anyone that vapes.

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Hi all,

I'm sorry, I've tried to look through the various threads but can't seem to find certain info. I have a few questions and I hope you guys here can help.

Bought a Vivid kit yesterday from a local shop. Its comes with a leaflet but it contains very little info.

How long does the atomiser last (they call it a clearomiser which I presume is the same thing) and how do you know when its gone?

How long it lasts depends on how much it's used. Expect a week or two at most. Although I'm not familiar with the kit you bought.

How dangerous is the e liquid? In the leaflet its mentioned as Toxic but don't detail what you should do if you spill it or get some on yourself.

If you spill on your hands wipe it off. Every vaper has had nic juice spill on him. It's part of the deal. Keep some kitchen paper at hand when you're pouring the liquid. If it does get on your hands, don't worry. You might find your skin tingle a little, but it'll pass. Don't lick your fingers. Just wipe it off.

Do you have to clean anything with this?

More than likely.

Can I use any liquids with this e cig or does it have to be Vivid branded?

Any liquids

Do people smoke them like normal cigs? eg do you smoke it for 5 minutes every hour or so?

I have mine nearby all day. I use it every couple of minutes and take 2 or 3 pulls from it. In the evening I have it in my lap. Generally most people don't vape like they smoke, although there are some who do (my mother for example)

Sorry for all these questions but I'm a complete newbie to all this and don't know anyone that vapes.

Thanks..

IS this what you got? https://www.vividvapours.com/index.php/

I suggest you get to a "proper" vape shop and get some good gear. Thousands of people have tried vaping and gone back to cigarettes because the equipment they got just didn't do the job. If what you have doesn't satisfy you, find something that does, just stay off the stinkies. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

+1 on everything DubTony said plus if you go into a proper vaping shop you should have been told all of this .

When I started , 5 months ago , I was trying to vape the same way I smoked , it didn't work for me as the nicotine absorption is different from vaping . I ended up the same as DubTony , vape all day two or three pulls at the time more at night if I'm watching tv less if I am playing games .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

DubTony wrote: »
    IS this what you got? https://www.vividvapours.com/index.php/

I suggest you get to a "proper" vape shop and get some good gear. Thousands of people have tried vaping and gone back to cigarettes because the equipment they got just didn't do the job. If what you have doesn't satisfy you, find something that does, just stay off the stinkies. Best of luck.

yeah, thats the one. Thanks for the tips guys.

Advertisement