Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars that will reserve areas 19th Dec?

Options
  • 22-10-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I'm organising my work Christmas party for Friday 19th December. We're going to be having dinner on Aungier Street and this will finish around 9.30. I know it's a long shot but does anyone know of any bars in that vicinity that we'd be able to book a table that late for? There will be around 15 of us. I've tried The Exchequer already (booked out), and Hogans don't take bookings. Was hoping for some recommendations to save ringing around blindly :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Be very surprised if any bar would take a booking on the Friday before Christmas.

Also don't understand the need to book tables in pubs -- thought this was a foreign phenomenon.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What do you mean a foreign phenomenon? If i'm going out in a big group we always book a table. Better than all being separated because you can't find a space big enough to stand/sit together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What do you mean a foreign phenomenon? If i'm going out in a big group we always book a table. Better than all being separated because you can't find a space big enough to stand/sit together.

I mean only done by foriegn people (unless for food, of course) -- at least in my experience.

It's not like you're going to be talking to all 15 people at once anyway, so just sitting/standing freely in the pub is much more comfortable. And you won't get penned beside the weird guy from Accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I mean only done by foriegn people (unless for food, of course) -- at least in my experience.

It's not like you're going to be talking to all 15 people at once anyway, so just sitting/standing freely in the pub is much more comfortable. And you won't get penned beside the weird guy from Accounts.

We're all the weird people from accounts :pac::pac:

Ah yeah I know, but understandably everywhere will be super-busy that night so it would be nice to have a bit of a spot. As I said I know it's a long shot but no harm in asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

You could try Against the Grain, they take bookings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd say that your best bet in getting somewhere to reserve a table for you, would be if you were eating there too. Otherwise......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

try Bia Bar, they reserved a spot us a few christmases ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Also don't understand the need to book tables in pubs -- thought this was a foreign phenomenon.

If I go into a bar and am told that I can't stand/sit somewhere that's free because it's 'reserved', I won't return.

Not that they probably care, but still. :)

Can't see many places doing it that night as everywhere will be rammed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I know Howl at the Moon took a group booking a couple of years ago. Somewhere that tends to fill up late might be your best bet as they'll be happy to get a few bodies in early.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pobb

John Mason wrote: »
    try Bia Bar, they reserved a spot us a few christmases ago

Bia Bar is gone, replaced by P Macs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement