Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying 523i M Sport E60

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

e60-2.jpg

e60-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

thanks to everyone for the advice, I have ended up buying the car, although I have checked out everything that I could and stated above I ran into issues the next day.

Ended up buying 2006 523i M Sport with 98K miles on the clock form premiercars.ie , it came with full service history which I rang around and checked out with previous garages.
    Before buying I had an indy mechanic come out to check it out and run the diagostics on it. It has some small common issues that these car have, the rocker slightly seaping oil, some water buildup in battery compartment and was slightly pulling to the left. Appart from that ran smooth and no errors on the diag. Also the water pump had been done about 6-8 months ago which is a great thng as these all go eventually and cost in and around 600 quid for part and labour.

So the issue I am having now is that the engine light has came on 2-3 time after accelerating hard, and the engine seemed to misfire/chug/stutter but the engine light would knock off after 40-50 seconds and it would drive perfectly again. Now the light has knocked on permanatly and wont go off, also what i noticed was it burned nearly half the engines oil in 1.5 days/(150-180miles). I am bringing the car into my mechanic to get checked out first before i bring it back to the dealer, but any advice on what the issue might be?

Any idea what could be the issue? Was it a mistake going with 98k milieage? How long do these engines last?

I wonder if you bought my old car.. 06D67xx1?

mloc123 wrote: »
    I wonder if you bought my old car.. 06D67xx1?

haha what are the chances!!!! its running well now, just the air con keeps blowing hot air at me but apart from that its doing good.

Anything that you might know was wrong or was on your to do list let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Stil think the E60 MSport is a class looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

haha what are the chances!!!! its running well now, just the air con keeps blowing hot air at me but apart from that its doing good.

Anything that you might know was wrong or was on your to do list let me know :)

No, I had it for about 12-14 months I think.. I was the third owner. Replaced the radiator under warranty and the water pump a few months later which cost about 600e.. receipt should have been in the service book. When you mentioned the engine light I remember it came on once or twice while I had it, but would reset again quickly.

I traded it in against a Passat, my wife much preferred the E60... I feared the warning bong :)

• Advertisement

yeah i seen the pump receipt, its very pricey!! the engine light was just a bad coil, it missfired under presure. Yeah I still have my old 06 accord and there is no comparison to the e60!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

is this still burning oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Hachiko wrote: »
    is this still burning oil?

Is there a 6 cylinder Petrol BM that doesn't :pac:

It burns a litre every 5-6k miles. Which is pretty normal for those engines from what ive read, due to the size of engine and weight of the car. The 3.0 does a lot better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

yeah i seen the pump receipt, its very pricey!! the engine light was just a bad coil, it missfired under presure. Yeah I still have my old 06 accord and there is no comparison to the e60!

You selling the accord?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Im paranoid on oil burning, my lexus burns nothing and i rev it quite high. Looks great in the pics there.

You selling the accord?

no im keeping it

Advertisement