Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerial photographer called to door

Options
  • 22-10-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I just got a guy come into my garden and tell me that he was around in August taking aerial photographs and talked to someone from my home and they were interested in purchasing them when he was coming back around.

Nobody in my household done this so I was a bit confused at what he was trying to get at. He told me he was based in Cleariestown, Co.Wexford and that the company name was BPrints (If I heard him correctly). When I told him nobody here told him that we wanted them he was quite persistent that we did.

I did a company search and found no business with such a name or business based in Cleariestown doing aerial photographs. Is it okay for strangers to take aerial photos of your home without consent? Yes i know they could just use google earth but still..

Just wondering if anybody else encountered him or anything similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Haven't heard of the service in a while but its a reasonably common service. My memory of it was that it wasn't an on demand service. i.e. they flew over the area (maybe even county) then tried selling the shots afterwards.

Very pushy of the guy though.

On a side note, we have one of those pictures at home and my granny is standing staring up at the camera. It was so funny we had to buy it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Chancing his arm, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

Sounds a bit dodgy. Did he even have the photo to show you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

If you come across him again OP
    ask for his business card website and email. At least he should be on facebook I mean. If he answers in the negative in most of the above, then tell him where he can stick his aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My grandmother had these chancers at the door 20 years ago. They wanted £100 for the photo. She said no and the guy left the photo in the porch and then the letters started arriving. Threatened all sorts if she didn't stump up. After about 20 letters in 6 months she told him to call for the money where he was met by my 8 uncles and cousins. Fücking scum only did it to the houses with elderly people in them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement