Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New low for the Gardai? Video claims Woman refused to leave estate with sick child

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

sjb25 wrote: »
    Yes they can close anywhere for safety reasons so if there is a car crash the you say the gaurds can't stop you from passing course the can or em a checkpoint the stop you!!!!!

You are missing my point. There is no accident there, there wasn't a reported accident there. If there was a legit danger to public health and safety then folk would not be allowed near the problem situation. This isn't the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

endacl wrote: »
    What's the story with the anti-Garda vids all being in portrait mode?

iPhone and no idea how to shoot videos.

Funny thing is that when you post a video you shoot in landscape it comes out in portrait by default and it seems these folks have no clue how to fix that so they just shoot everything portrait (and probably do not even know what that means..)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You are missing my point. There is no accident there, there wasn't a reported accident there. If there was a legit danger to public health and safety then folk would not be allowed near the problem situation. This isn't the case here.

There is clearly a risk to the workers who are employed to install water meters, though.

If there were no risk, the Gardai wouldn't have to be there, wasting their time and our money, and listening to that short of ****e day after day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The stench of another bs garda brutality theads is strong with this one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

"is he going to check if the child is sick?"

Annnnnnd cut.Something tells me there probably wasn't even a child in that Taxi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

But if the allowed the protesters up there there is a chance that there will I do see what you are saying but what they are doing is preventing it becoming a problem less work for them really being what they are at... For the record I'm against water charges per say but these nil videos carefully edited annoy me as do people thinking the gardai have no right to do anyting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    There is clearly a risk to the workers who are employed to install water meters, though.

If there were no risk, the Gardai wouldn't have to be there, wasting their time and our money, and listening to that short of ****e day after day.

If this is the case, then the gardai would be very happy to let folk leave the area, the less folk there the better for them is all I'm saying.

That guy videoing this Garda brutality should be knighted, awarded a sainthood or some such accolade. Imagine, he KNEW from quiet a distance that there was a sick choild in that car. WOW. I'm so impressed, I'm speechless. (Nice to see the IW workers getting on with their jobs)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I get the feeling that some water-charges protestors are loving this protest. The ones who haven't had this much meaning in their lives in years, who can't remember the last time they had an incentive to get out of bed in the morning.

The adrenalin, the facing-up to authority figures, the brouhaha the other day in court. I think they're really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

is the uploader part of the Dublin Says No brigade which continuously block workers of Irish Water by any chance?

• Advertisement

wprathead wrote: »
    is the uploader part of the Dublin Says No brigade which continuously block workers of Irish Water by any chance?

Why don't you send him a YouTube comment and ask?

Whilst your at it why not ask for more information about the incident

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If this is the case, then the gardai would be very happy to let folk leave the area, the less folk there the better for them is all I'm saying.
    I'm sure folk were quite welcome to leave the area by whatever means and roads they wished - just not up or down that particular road where IW workers were working.

Anyone know where this took place? I'd be VERY interested to see if that was the only means of escape available to the sick child and its mother.

I'd also be VERY interested to see the video of the minutes following the end of what was actually posted. Why did it suddenly end just there, I wonder :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Disgarceful it is...

Joe

From what I have seen from the video I find it disgraceful that the Gardai refuse to speak to anyone.

Who do they think they are? They are public servants and yet they refuse to even speak to the public.

No matter what you believe , The relations between the Garda force and residents.

They are conducting an operation they do not have to explain to a member of the public what they are doing there is a Garda talking to the person in the taxi (somedody involved) they don't have to explain themselves to some bolloxs shouting and roaring

wprathead wrote: »

I would say so. Looking on their Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/DublinSaysNo.DSN?fref=ts
    "Dublin Says No
    6 hours ago
    #IrishWater

This inspector closed off the road where residents were protesting.
    He ordered his men to let nobody in and nobody out.
    A family were prevented from driving out of the estate to take their sick child to a hospital
    The family were forced to drive across a green area to take the child to the hospital."

I would say so. Looking on their Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/DublinSaysNo.DSN?fref=ts
    "Dublin Says No
    6 hours ago
    #IrishWater

This inspector closed off the road where residents were protesting.
    He ordered his men to let nobody in and nobody out.
    A family were prevented from driving out of the estate to take their sick child to a hospital
    The family were forced to drive across a green area to take the child to the hospital."
    There ya are they got out no problems :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Very plausible. 'Cause that's what happens when you tell a guard that there's a sick child in your car and you need to get by...they impassively block you and don't let you get to the hospital.

Why don't the layabouts who are leading these protests get more creative? I heard that there was a small thermonuclear device in the taxi and that unless the taxi stayed at 55kph or more, it will explode.

There ya are the got out no problems :)

So you think it's ok they were denied access to get through by the Gardai

Very plausible. 'Cause that's what happens when you tell a guard that there's a sick child in your car and you need to get by...they impassively block you and don't let you get to the hospital.

Why don't the layabouts who are leading these protests get more creative? I heard that there was a small thermonuclear device in the taxi and that unless the taxi stayed at 55kph or more, it will explode.

I heard the microwaves from the water meters made the engine pack up on the taxi lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

From what I have seen from the video I find it disgraceful that the Gardai refuse to speak to anyone.

Who do they think they are? They are public servants and yet they refuse to even speak to the public.

No matter what you believe , The relations between the Garda force and residents.

What's the point in engaging in conversation with someone who is asking a rhetorical question? they're hardly going to have a deep debate about it...

• Advertisement

I heard the microwaves from the water meters made the engine pack up on the taxi lol

Was that a joke?

Proof they drove over a green area in a taxi or it didn't happen.

I put my money on it didn't happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

funny how the sick child going to hospital is always used as an excuse for people caught with no insurance too.

i wonder if the child ever got to the hospital ?

or was it a poor exploitative excuse in an bad and pathetic attempt to cause outrage where there is none ?

on a slightly separate issue this thread and ah in general is so full of semi retarded self righteous ill informed people who think they know the law and how it apply s it really makes me worry for the irish peoples future.

if your dont know the shut the fcuk up , dont make it p and assume by shouting loudly that your ll going to get your way
    you ve already got enough crooks in the dail doing that

dinneenp wrote: »
    What's the point in engaging in conversation with someone who is asking a rhetorical question? they're hardly going to have a deep debate about it...

How do you know?

Wouldn't hurt to ask

Proof they drove over a green area in a taxi or it didn't happen.

I put my money on it didn't happen.

I never claimed they drove over a green area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Was that a joke?

a case in point , what the fcuk happend ireland ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Do you seriously think Gardaí have any intention of ignoring a child at risk?

I am so tired of these ridiculous stunts. It's getting to the stage where reasonable people are finding it difficult to be in any way sympathetic to these protestors.

In theory, I appreciate the financial constraints that these people say they are under.

But antagonizing, pestering and maligning the Gardaí with their nonsense does their cause no favors. the fact that they are using an innocent child for their propaganda doesn't help either. Stunts like this deprive the protestors of the support of ordinary taxpayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Did the child survive?

I never claimed they drove over a green area

The description does, surely it would've been a golden moment for the protestors to film a car being forced onto a green way.

They clearly got let through or it was nothing but a big staged exercise.

• Advertisement

Not really no but..... We don't no if that's what happend just believing what is wrote on that page as the video stopped to early to make a judgement...... But if that did happen they should have been allowed out but as was said they got out didn't they!! If it was that serious why was an ambulance not called instead of wasting time fighting with a gaurd about it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement