Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback

Options
  • 22-10-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Hi I recently got nabbed buying something second hand on adverts.ie, I paid the person in good faith accepting the paypal charges which in hindsight was foolish as I have no standing to dispute it now.

The person in question is ignoring my PMs despite having been online.

It's a bit of a mess, but what I'm here to ask is can I request a chargeback on my credit card, on the grounds that I didn't receive the good requested?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, did you pay for it using paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Toots wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean, did you pay for it using paypal?

Yes, but there is no protection on the transaction as I foolishly claimed it was a gift (agreed to take on the paypal fees), which leaves me high and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No. The goods in question was PayPal, who's service you did receive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Figured as much, not keen on going to court over 40 euros

Advertisement