Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three hacks I'm using now

Options
  • 22-10-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Binder clips
    They can be used for many things. Prop iPads up with them, organize cables, hang cables, wall hangers, fix keyboard hinges, and keep food bags airtight.

Strengthen Apple cables.
    Use the spring you find in clicky pens to hug the end of the cables - then coat that in duck-tape / electrical tape. You don't have to do this at a later stage - you can do it straight away after buying them, because Apple cables (lightning cables and such) have 'planned obsolescence' (they are purposely not built to last, because they want you to buy more and replace them - yeah, I know; shame)

Glow in the dark pain on light switches and cables
    Paint light switches in glo-paint, so it's easy to find them at night. Most of the time, we can find them because of muscle memory, and pure habit - but a little glo-paint goes a long way.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Taajsgpm

CentimoSal wrote: »
    Binder clips
    They can be used for many things. Prop iPads up with them, organize cables, hang cables, wall hangers, fix keyboard hinges, and keep food bags airtight.

Strengthen Apple cables.
    Use the spring you find in clicky pens to hug the end of the cables - then coat that in duck-tape / electrical tape. You don't have to do this at a later stage - you can do it straight away after buying them, because Apple cables (lightning cables and such) have 'planned obsolescence' (they are purposely not built to last, because they want you to buy more and replace them - yeah, I know; shame)

Glow in the dark pain on light switches and cables
    Paint light switches in glo-paint, so it's easy to find them at night. Most of the time, we can find them because of muscle memory, and pure habit - but a little glo-paint goes a long way.
    Thats sounds cool I can see it , Im going to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 moon1

Thanks for the tips! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

braddun wrote: »

Thats a really helpful link.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

CentimoSal wrote: »
    Strengthen Apple cables.
    Use the spring you find in clicky pens to hug the end of the cables - then coat that in duck-tape / electrical tape. You don't have to do this at a later stage - you can do it straight away after buying them, because Apple cables (lightning cables and such) have 'planned obsolescence' (they are purposely not built to last, because they want you to buy more and replace them - yeah, I know; shame)..........

bit of

http://sugru.com/buy

• Advertisement
Advertisement