Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween - sweet free options

Options
  • 22-10-2014 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of handing out some sweet free options for the kids this year. So many I know have things they can't eat but don't want to miss out on the fun of trick'r'treating so I was thinking I'd get something like bubbles or glow sticks or glow in the dark bracelets to hand out with the usual bag of meanies and treatsize we give out every year. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get something like this for cheap? We get about 40 kids each year so cheap is good!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Dealz or Mr. Price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Glow in the dark balloons. You can get them in dealz - five for €1.49. They come in two colours-orange with a pumpkin face or white with a ghost. Kids love balloons. Just be sure to attach them to a string first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Or money.......kids love money.

I got caught one night. I was working in a B&B and was all set for adults who just wanted to check in and go out for the night. I forgot that Halloween is supposed to be about the kids until I answered the doorbell to find two boys, about 4 and 8 saying "trick or treat".

I had no sweets to give them and I said "I have no sweets, do you guys accept money?"

4 yr old "no we want sweets"

8 yr old (tells the 4 yr old to shut up behind his hand so I can't hear :rolleyes::pac: ) "yes we accept money"

I gave them the last couple of euro in my wallet.

A few minutes later the doorbell rings again.......

I open the door to find about ten children all shouting "trick or treat"

Obviously the older kid had told all the other kids that the nice lady was giving out money so they all decided to cash in...

I had to break it to them that I had no more money or any sweets to give them :o

This year I won't be caught out. €2 shop and Dealz here I come! I will give them a treat and also a balloon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The bubbles were a win for us in previous years. And the packaging is reusable, which is even better. Endless fun for kids. We got one of the battery powered bubble machines, as soon as they see that thing going, most of them forget about the sweets and wanted the bubbles!

Advertisement