Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to recycle books?

Options
  • 22-10-2014 11:06pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can recycle books on the south side of the city? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Charity shops.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

These are 5/6/7 year out of date Irish Tax Institute associateship text books so need to be recycled as they are no use to anyone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

WildRosie wrote: »
    These are 5/6/7 year out of date Irish Tax Institute associateship text books so need to be recycled as they are no use to anyone.

You could ask if they would like them for the National Archives first - they might ask you to send them in and if they already have copies they will dispose of them (recycle them) for you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

That's an interesting idea but I had a look on their website and it doesn't seem to be the type of books they want. Just for clarity, these are the kind of books I mean. The yellow book is just a print out of the law as updated by that year's budget and the other is just a text book with my various notes and highlighted parts. It doesn't seem very interesting?

uVjj8Ym.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

No but they literally try to collect a copy of everything of interest that in the future would be interesting/useful to historians, students, etc. All I sent to them were some theatre programmes, festival brochures and theatre tickets. I have no idea if they kept some or al of them but when I contacted them they asked me to drop them in and they would take a look at them and either save or recycle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NetSquirrel

The National Archives doesn't collect books - that's not its function. The National Library receives a copy of all Irish-published books under Legal Deposit legislation so you can be pretty sure they won't want used out-of-date textbooks, or the expense of disposing of them, and nor will any other library. Just take them to a recycling centre that accepts paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

nearest green bin. It is only paper and they are probably on line anyway for people to consult.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Throw them in your green bin?

Advertisement