Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zotac gtx 970 omega edition issues

Options
  • 22-10-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

well, i just unboxed and installed this beast of a card... only to discover the fans wont spin up.. at all. i googled as much as i could, discovered lots of people with the msi version are having various fan problems (generally about the fan not ramping down properly after exiting games etc) but cant find anything at all about the zotac. apparently the fans on the 900 series dont usually kick in until the gpu hits 60+ degrees so i tried running borderlands2 to see what happened.. let it run til i was hitting 80+ and the fans still wont spin up even if i try to nudge them with my finger.

am at a loss what could be causing this. ive a 600w corsair psu with 2x8pin connectors connected directly to the card (so no molex adapters or anything) and that provides 46amps on the 12v rail.

anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement