Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapid Roulette

• 22-10-2014 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭

Remember this quiz show in which Maxi was the second presenter? I can't remember the name of the first one

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭SameDiff

Please leeeeeave the table!

It was a dreadful programme, really dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Was the guy Laurie Taylor? Maxi was grand but he was terrible!

Edit: Maurie Taylor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_Roulette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Laurie Taylor. That's what I was looking for. Thanks. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That was one I'd totaly forgotten about.I can't picture this Maurice Taylor fella but I do vaguely remember there was someone else before Maxi.Are there any pictures of him online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Maurie Taylor was deeply unpleasant. He presented it for the first series [1986 - 1987]. He also appeared in Hidden Curriculum, a television play made by UTV that also got a broadcast on RTE.

I am sure somebody will come along and say "I know him. He's sound".:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

darkdubh wrote: »
    That was one I'd totaly forgotten about.I can't picture this Maurice Taylor fella but I do vaguely remember there was someone else before Maxi.Are there any pictures of him online?

Plenty of him from his acting days in the 60s, but none of him presenting RR. I vaguely remember a bad haircut and a double breasted blazer. Very Alan Partridge!

Advertisement