Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast for a few nights next week

Options
  • 23-10-2014 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi folks thinking about taking a trip up north for the first time ever. Can anyone recommend hotels (with parking) and restaurants in the city center and maybe some activities to do there . Will be up from Sun until Tues/Wed.Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I would definitely visit the SS Nomadic (I think this is better than the Titanic Centre) and do the Belfast bus tour - I've taken the tour with various visiting friends and always find it interesting.

There are plenty of great spots to eat and drink, depending on your budget. I love Made In Belfast, which is in a few locations. James St South is great for fine dining. The Cloth Ear at The Merchant do a great feed, and the bar there is lively too. It's in the cathedral quarter which is a great spot for eating and drinking, good atmosphere at the weekends. Bert's Bar is a cocktail bar at the back of the Merchant which is a good spot too.

It's also nice to visit some of Belfast's parks, like Botanic Park which also has a big Victorian greenhouse-type thing in it. One of my all-time favourite things to do in Belfast is to take a walk up the Cavehill in the north of a city, on a nice clear sunny day. Panoramic views of the city and the shore, really peaceful and gorgeous. Belfast Castle and Belfast Zoo are also on the banks of the Cavehill. As a North Belfast native, a 30 minute rest and reflection atop Napoleon's Nose is my favourite thing in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Hi there, Holiday Inn Express on Ormeau Ave in the centre of the City is basic, but it's clean and a good location for bars, restaurants etc.

AFAIK, they have a Car park, but it may be parking at a reduced rate rather than free parking.

Check out this:
    http://visit-belfast.com/home/page/belfast-visitor-pass

It's a visitor pass that will give you a lot of deals on attractions in the city, plus it pays for all your public transport.

I recommend visiting the Titanic Centre and the SS Nomadic in the dock next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

cottager83 wrote: »
    Hi folks thinking about taking a trip up north for the first time ever. Can anyone recommend hotels (with parking) and restaurants in the city center. Something close to the Titanic Quarter if possible. Will be up from Sun until Tues/Wed.Thanks in advance

Would really recommend Tara Lodge for a hotel.
    Nice & cosy & unreal breky!
    For restaurants have a look on tripadvisor,so many good places to eat.
    Love Belfast,nice vibe in the city & everything close by so you can walk anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Cathedral quarter very busy......

think Templebar in the 80s........

not so many English Stag do's though.....

win win if you ask me!

and an easy stroll from the Titanic area

Advertisement