Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Groupon 1st Gen Ipad

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

AFAIK iPad 1 is not being supported by apple. Main problem with it would be that a lot of apps won't work on it as the iOS version is too old. Fine for browsing, YouTube etc, wouldn't get it for apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

flyguy wrote: »
    AFAIK iPad 1 is not being supported by apple. Main problem with it would be that a lot of apps won't work on it as the iOS version is too old. Fine for browsing, YouTube etc, wouldn't get it for apps.

ah feck :(

My advice would be get a refurb iPad 2 (€269) or mini (€219) (both have same specs) or newer if you want to spend that much.
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad
    They're refurbs but are as new with full warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I've an iPad 2 and it's very slow with ios7 (which is not even the latest version).
    I wouldn't recommend buying an ipad2 in fact I'm thinking of dumping mine as it's so slow it's unusable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

flyguy wrote: »
    My advice would be get a refurb iPad 2 (€269) or mini (€219) (both have same specs) or newer if you want to spend that much.
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad
    They're refurbs but are as new with full warranty.

Thanks will have a look now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'd only buy this if you're feeling nostalgic and want a first gen iPad. I wouldn't expect this to be used full time.

aphex™ wrote: »
    I've an iPad 2 and it's very slow with ios7 (which is not even the latest version).
    I wouldn't recommend buying an ipad2 in fact I'm thinking of dumping mine as it's so slow it's unusable.

That's probably true with the latest iOS, and since iPad mini is essentially an iPad 2 it would be the same.
    The best deal IMHO is an iPad mini 2 (which is spec wise a mini iPad air) unfortunately at the moment there are no wifi-only models in the refurb store, wifi+3G there are but the OP was looking for a bargain and that is gonna cost about 3 times as much...

Advertisement