Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube Landing Page

Options
  • 23-10-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

Is there any way via settings or even using an Ad-don to clear the contents of You-tubes landing\Home page?

When you go to You-tube it uses some sort of algorithm I'd imagine that populates the home page with a clutter of videos you've watched or even recommended videos. I've gone through the settings such as "Clear Watched History", "Pause Watched History" and I've been through the "View additional features" which allows you to clear "Search History" via the "Video Manager" section but none of that has actually cleared the plethora of watched and recommended videos populating the landing page.

I've also tried clearing all data and history via Firefox too but to no avail.

Is there anyway to achieve this?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Cleaning browser history and not using gmail will work on most browsers. It's impossible to do on chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

GarIT wrote: »
    Cleaning browser history and not using gmail will work on most browsers. It's impossible to do on chrome.

I was just editing my OP to include that I had cleared all data and history via Firefox but to no avail. Cheers for the reply though :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That's strange, both gmail and chrome keep a record of what you are likely to want to see on youtube but Firefox shouldn't be. Do you have firefox sync turned on?

GarIT wrote: »
    That's strange, both gmail and chrome keep a record of what you are likely to want to see on youtube but Firefox shouldn't be. Do you have firefox sync turned on?

No I don't use Sync

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Open it in chrome in incognito mode and see what you get ;)

Also it sounds like you're signed into youtube? If thats the case nothing will clear it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

I have the same problem

They are spying on us all!!

ED E wrote: »
    Open it in chrome in incognito mode and see what you get ;)

Getting exactly the same ED.
    ED E wrote: »
    Also it sounds like you're signed into youtube? If thats the case nothing will clear it.

I get the same results whether I'm logged in or not.

UCDCritic wrote: »
    I have the same problem

They are spying on us all!!

What really made me look at this is the fact the first few recently watched videos are appearing on the Youtube homepage for nearly a week now and haven't changed regardless of what I've watched since :confused:

Advertisement