Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlebellingham cabinets

Options
  • 23-10-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi 
    Can you tell me if there is a date for this cabinet CBM1_003 going live, or if  there is a long lead time can I be switched over to a Asdl2 in the exchange ? 
    Thanks 
    Raymond

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

raytaxi wrote: »
    Hi 
    Can you tell me if there is a date for this cabinet CBM1_003 going live, or if  there is a long lead time can I be switched over to a Asdl2 in the exchange ? 
    Thanks 
    Raymond
    Hi raytaxi

There is an estimated activation date of mid December, if you would like to PM your landline number I'll tests it to see if an ADSL2 upgrade is available.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Is the mid december date for install's to homes or will it be cabinet live and installs in the new year ? 

Is the mid december date for install's to homes or will it be cabinet live and installs in the new year ? 
    For cabinet going live - when it's live you need to request the install by placing an order for efibre as it's not an automatic upgrade

Thanks
    Al

Alan I sent you a pm with number earlier, any info on asdl2 for me ?

Alan I sent you a pm with number earlier, any info on asdl2 for me ?
    Hi raytaxi

An adsl2 upgrade will not be available to your line as the max speed it can hold is up to 3MB - It needs to be able to hold between 10 & 12MB to be able to arrange this I'm sorry to say.

Sorry Ray.

Al

• Advertisement

My line is 4Mb on asdl 1, my understanding is max on asdl 1 lines is 8 Mb. The only way I could ever have 11/12 Mb would be on asdl2, which would require a switch to a different dslam in the exchange ie a asdl 2 one. 
    As have been talking to tech before about same, also didn't know I was a unlimited lite package, rather than a true unlimited package which is the asdl 2 package I thought i had got.

My line is 4Mb on asdl 1, my understanding is max on asdl 1 lines is 8 Mb. The only way I could ever have 11/12 Mb would be on asdl2, which would require a switch to a different dslam in the exchange ie a asdl 2 one. 
    As have been talking to tech before about same, also didn't know I was a unlimited lite package, rather than a true unlimited package which is the asdl 2 package I thought i had got.
    Hi raytaxi

The line must firstly be able to qualify for over 8MB (next stage from 8MB being 10 to 12MB) and due to your lines distance from the exchange this is not possible. I'm sorry I can't offer you better news Ray.

THanks
    Al

Advertisement