Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 4S will only charge from PC

• 23-10-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I’ve done a bit of research and this seems to be a common problem on Apple discussion boards, unfortunately with no solution.

Basically my 4S will only charge when connected to a computer. It will not charge off a wall charger. The same wall charger and cable will charge my iPad & iPod no bother, just not the 4S.

I’ve tried: changing sockets, cables, wall chargers, soft resets, hard resets, swearing… nothing works. It will only charge off my PC.

The phone is in good nick, only 1 and a half years old with no sign of any damage to the dock connector. As I said, charges first time, every time when connected to the computer.

Very weird. Anybody else have this problem? :confused:

PS: Running iOS7.0.2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tim76 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’ve done a bit of research and this seems to be a common problem on Apple discussion boards, unfortunately with no solution.

Basically my 4S will only charge when connected to a computer. It will not charge off a wall charger. The same wall charger and cable will charge my iPad & iPod no bother, just not the 4S.

I’ve tried: changing sockets, cables, wall chargers, soft resets, hard resets, swearing… nothing works. It will only charge off my PC.

The phone is in good nick, only 1 and a half years old with no sign of any damage to the dock connector. As I said, charges first time, every time when connected to the computer.

Very weird. Anybody else have this problem? :confused:

PS: Running iOS7.0.2

Try updating the ios version and see if it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Try updating the ios version and see if it works?

It might but I've heard some horror stories of trying to run ios8 on the 4S. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, right where Apple want me to try and force an upgrade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 alex69

I have the same problem. I do not know what to do.

Advertisement