Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork's Ski slope has opened!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Very small, and not so wide, width is surely the key part of learning to ski?
    MIght pop up and have a look. Shame we didnt do something like they have in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Very small, and not so wide, width is surely the key part of learning to ski?
    MIght pop up and have a look. Shame we didnt do something like they have in Dublin.
    With regard to comparing Cork to Dublin - I'll take something over nothing and hope it gets developed or expands with demand.

Cork is miles behind with regard to facilities and events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Was playing football there on Tuesday night and didnt even notice it, I must'v walked straight past it. What was the point of wasting time and money on a half arsed ski slope.

CHealy wrote: »
    Was playing football there on Tuesday night and didnt even notice it, I must'v walked straight past it. What was the point of wasting time and money on a half arsed ski slope.
    To get some practice in for d'Alps bhiy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,971 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not very impressive at all.
    Very short and narrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Pretty good for 55k...how much was that poxy, hanging garden in Fitzgerald's Park again?

Will defo bring the kids to have a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I think it would be nice for people to have a go. I've never been skiing, but I'd give that slope a bash, especially as they provide all the equipment and give you one off sessions, or packs of 4 goes to get you used to it.

Maybe they can expand if it's popular enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Had soccer there last night, for what it is, its not to bad, its a start anyway.

Loire wrote: »
    Pretty good for 55k...how much was that poxy, hanging garden in Fitzgerald's Park again?

Not trying to take the thread OT but regarding Fitz Park - will there be some open mics or small time gigs played there during spring/summer?

Was there during the summer after it reopened and just missed the music, still a good vibe around that stage area - think it'd be perfect for acoustic sets in the summer sun*

*sun is optional it being Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Loire wrote: »

Oh so very much this!!!!!

I'm not going to write more, because I'd rant for hours!:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement