Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Hour Record Attempt upcoming

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Great stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cunavalos

It was never really in doubt. Only two laps slower than the previous record. Decent pacing and excellent adherence to the black line with enough left in the tank to push on for the last few laps.
    CZVPrKWWYAETj7y.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I read somewhere, that the new record was set on a cement track.
    Is there an advantage either way between boards and cement?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I read somewhere, that the new record was set on a cement track.
    Is there an advantage either way between boards and cement?

It looked like cement, I thought it was boards first but then I looked up the event. Very shallow so I am presuming it is/was cement.

I wonder would the lack of banking be any use when its not a race against someone or would it have tired her arms more taking the bends?

• Advertisement

Similar to previous attempts. A UK sport scientist (Xavier Disley) has done some analysis of Evelyn Stevens performance. Her increase in pace in the final third clearly threw her off her rhythm but she held it together.

He also has some theories on her track selection.

CcP1AFEWoAAuwQZ.jpg:medium

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

cunavalos wrote: »
    Similar to previous attempts. A UK sport scientist (Xavier Disley) has done some analysis of Evelyn Stevens performance. Her increase in pace in the final third clearly threw her off her rhythm but she held it together.

He also has some theories on her track selection.

CcP1AFEWoAAuwQZ.jpg:medium

Is he involved with the UCI or doing this himself?

godtabh wrote: »
    Is he involved with the UCI or doing this himself?
    He does it off his own back (mainly to advertise his online coaching service) but was invited to the velodrome to analyse Wiggins attempt.
    I do not know if he has access to official uci data of each attempt but he does produce his analysis fairly soon after each attempt.

He has some interesting graphs on his twitter account https://twitter.com/xavierdisley showing the difference in wiggins effort compared to the others

CHH6IxfXIAA5G56.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Has Tony Martin given up on the idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Has Tony Martin given up on the idea?

he has enough on his plate riding some classics this year and wanting to reclaim the world tt and the olympic tt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Alex dowsett announced earlier that he is having another attempt at the world hour record. There's no doubt that there was plenty in the tank when he set the previous record. Manchester is the venue. Early next year, exact date to be confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Greg Swinand is scheduled for an Irish 1hr record attempt on monday 21st of this month

https://www.facebook.com/gregswinandhourrecord/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Advertisement