Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Climote!

Options
  • 23-10-2014 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

We’re delighted to be returning to the Ideal Home Show in the RDS this year, from 24th-27th October! If you’re attending, you can visit us at stand L38. Get your free tickets here!

To celebrate, we’re giving away a Climote, with installation included. Climote lets you control your heating through SMS, online or by using their App. (Perfect for when the weather’s miserable on the way home and you want to arrive to a cosy house!) 

To enter, just comment below with what your favourite modern appliance is, and why. (Keep it clean folks!)

Normal ts and cs apply, the winner will be picked at random next Tuesday 28th October 2014. One entry per person.

If you are interested in receiving further information about Climote in the future, please PM us with your email address.

Climote_comp_zps12251caa.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

My favourite appliance is the dishwasher. No doing dishes for me hurray the dishwasher!!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Fridge. Keeps beer and steak cool. 

Want to blow your mind? Why is their a "d" in fridge, but not in refrigerator?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

The dishwasher, such a timesaver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

My favourite modern electric is the smoke alarm and carbon monoxide integrated detector. This fantastic device keeps me and my family safe, as well as my neighbours to a certain extent!

I don't want the fire brigade rushing to my street.
    I check its battery once every ten days which is extremely important

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

My favorite would be my rechargeable torch, for when the power is cut on the stormy nights. Also helps when the gf hears a noise in the garden and wants me to traipse around in the dark to prove there aren't any "creatures" lurking about waiting to get her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

The kettle!!

What a place the Irish home is thanks to the kettle, a cup of tea, a cup of coffee, we love to chat as a nation and the beloved kettle definitely has helped that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

The Remote Control a huge advancement for mankind and womankind

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

Coffee machine with a timer. Waking up to to a freshly brewed pot.

And one of these days I'll get one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I love my wifi kettle :D have the kettle boiling when I am on the way home for a nice cuppa to keep me warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thepeake

iPhone apps eg Runkeeper / LG TV remote / Shazam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Fridge because it keeps everything fresh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Internet radio, the most loved thing in our kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Fridge! Can't imagine having to conceal rotten meat with spices and curry everything

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mattcrow

Definitely a fridge with water and ice dispenser... cool water always there, saves money on buying bottles or britax filters, and ice always ready for a cool beverage xD

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Has to be the slow cooker stick in the grub and away you go. Come home from work to a sweet dinner waiting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dishwasher. I always hated washing the dishes when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Freezer, helps to use whole of food that gets bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

HD television, love watching football on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

My favourite modern appliance is my laptop so I can read boards.ie !

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

The dishwasher without a doubt. Hate doing the dishes so a dishwasher is a god send! I've also recently found out that it's economical with water which is nice to know with the water charges! ;) 

I'd love this prize for my new (to me) house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Its got to be the freezer. Very Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

the fridge - for cool food and beer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Hair Straightener - I'd be a mess without it....

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

My favourite appliance? Can I pick a remote climate control device...such as a Climote?! It truly would be awesome to have one. Imagine being able to turn the heating on from your cozy bed on a Saturday morning?! Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Fav modern appliance for me is the self-cleaning oven....no more time spent scrubbing with mr propper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Has to be the smart phone, my laptop is rarely used now, so handy having all that connectivity/communication ability in the palm of my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Definitely the dishwasher. I'm about to move into a house without one and don't know how I'll survive! 

It's going to have to be one of the early purchases for our new home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

At the moment it's my smart phone but from next month it's going to be my new smart TV (the old crt is begining to show it's age) unless of course I win this competition in which case my favourite appliance will be my Climote  controlled central heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

My steamer/blender for my toddler :

I can pop all the dinner ingredients into it, takes 20 minutes to cook and then just turn it upside down to blend...
    VOILA: effortless babies dinner :) :) :) 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

'Climote' sounds like a feminine marital aid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement