Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone warehouse phone unlocked?

Options
  • 23-10-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I wonder if anyone who's had experience with this could help me out, I want to buy a Huawei phone from carphone warehouse but they're only selling it on Vodafone, Meteor and E-mobile. I'm on Three and I don't want to switch networks as I'm happy with them.
    So I went into carphone yesterday and asked would the phone be locked to the networks they're selling it on and I was told that it would be. However, pretty much everywhere online I'm finding people saying that they were told this but then when they got the phone it wasnt locked. There isn't a lot of info for people who've bought phones from carphone in ireland so if anyone has experienced this then let me know, it'd be a real help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I know the HTC phones from CPW are never locked.
    The way it works is they have all there phones for each network and then they have CPW stock phones which they can sell on any network.
    Ask if they phone is network stock or cpw stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

+1 to the post above me, former Carphone employee here. The codes we used to put through the system would end in CPW if the phone was generic, i.e. not locked to a network. As the person above said, simply ask if the phone is 'CPW' stock or VOD.

Advertisement