Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locksmith Costs?

Options
  • 23-10-2014 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Very quick question. Renting an apartment, have been there for almost 11 months. The lock on the front door was a bit stiff at first, but after a few weeks it seemed to have cleared up and was working fine.

My girlfriend just rang me tonight and said she can't get into the apartment, the key won't open the door (lock hasn't been changed or anything). I'm in a different country so can't be of much help. If we were to get a locksmith out, would we have any right to get the costs back from the landlord seeing as the problem is with the property, or is it all on us?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Hi all,

Very quick question. Renting an apartment, have been there for almost 11 months. The lock on the front door was a bit stiff at first, but after a few weeks it seemed to have cleared up and was working fine.

My girlfriend just rang me tonight and said she can't get into the apartment, the key won't open the door (lock hasn't been changed or anything). I'm in a different country so can't be of much help. If we were to get a locksmith out, would we have any right to get the costs back from the landlord seeing as the problem is with the property, or is it all on us?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

You should probably give the landlord a call as they might know a locksmith that they prefer to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Can she get some WD40 from a neighbour? Might solve the problem.

Advertisement