Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcolgan roadworks

Options
  • 23-10-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Anyone know when these are finished?
    possibly the most disorganized setup ever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

maniac2003 wrote: »
    Anyone know when these are finished?
    possibly the most disorganized setup ever.

Think they're finished tomorrow (Fri, 24th). Its the same lads that did the re-surfacing in Ardrahan and Oranmore in the last few weeks. They are a joke. The traffic management was the worst I've seen and every time I drove by there was 5 or 6 lads standing around talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

when they were doing outside the maldron hotel i got stuck for 20-30 mins one time ,there were trucks ,tractors, trying to do their jobs of deliverying stuff fell on deaf ears . there was nothing wrong with surface of the road in that area anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

blond45 wrote: »
    when they were doing outside the maldron hotel i got stuck for 20-30 mins one time ,there were trucks ,tractors, trying to do their jobs of deliverying stuff fell on deaf ears . there was nothing wrong with surface of the road in that area anyway.

Exactly, a few budgets probably need to be used up before the end of the year. Jobs for the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭newbie13

this road work worse than a joke. I left Galway around 1:10pm stuck in Kilcolgan for 45 minutes, I was in Ennis around 3:15pm.
    mental..

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

It's the worst roadworks I've come across. I was sitting for about 35 minutes without barely moving on Thursday. I ended up watching Netflix on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭NS77

Roadworks there today as well, apparently... though they were supposed to be finished Last Friday :mad:

Anyone know what traffic is like there today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Traffic CRAP there today around lunch time. Luckily I was on my bike so I didn't get caught it in

Traffic CRAP there today around lunch time. Luckily I was on my bike so I didn't get caught it in

Thanks Divil.... should have brought the bike meself ;-)

Other half was stuck there around the same time today.. I'm guessing it won't have improved by now. Will have to plot an alternative route ;)

just got home, again stuck in traffic 25 minutes without a meter move.

I will take Ardrahan route tomorrow for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

newbie13 wrote: »
    just got home, again stuck in traffic 25 minutes without a meter move.

I will take Ardrahan route tomorrow for sure.

Did they get finished the remaining resurfacing today? There was only a couple of sections left, or will they be at it again tomorrow?

• Advertisement

ratracer wrote: »
    Did they get finished the remaining resurfacing today? There was only a couple of sections left, or will they be at it again tomorrow?

It is not hard to figure out that they will be there until Friday when you look at the speed of their work .Many guys just walking around lying against the shovel.
    Road marking still need to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

NS77 wrote: »
    Thanks Divil.... should have brought the bike meself ;-)

Other half was stuck there around the same time today.. I'm guessing it won't have improved by now. Will have to plot an alternative route ;)

disgraceful again no sign of these ending

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Girlpower73

Anyone know if these roadworks are finished? Will be passing through in about an hour.

Anyone know if these roadworks are finished? Will be passing through in about an hour.

I dont know if you gone pass already, I seen that no work was there around 6:15 but traffic was heavy.

they probably finished.

They appear to be finished... breezed through Kilcolgan at 16:45 yesterday

NS77 wrote: »
    They appear to be finished... breezed through Kilcolgan at 16:45 yesterday

M18 nbound is closed this time :):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Just out of interest, how many posters in this thread complained about the organisation and management of these works to the local authorities?

MaxFlower wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how many posters in this thread complained about the organisation and management of these works to the local authorities?

I did. Send an email to NRA and I received a respond with 2 weeks delay. They said that they are not responsible for road complaints , I should have email to Galway Co.Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

newbie13 wrote: »
    I did. Send an email to NRA and I received a respond with 2 weeks delay. They said that they are not responsible for road complaints , I should have email to Galway Co.Co.

Thats a bit of a fob off. As its a national road, they would have issued the road opening licence

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

on a foot note, they have to take up top layer of tarmac outside the maldron hotel cos they found some thing wrong with it. was wondering why they havent put white lines on it .one of the lads who is one of the workers told me. more messing around,when are they going to do it i dont no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement