Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrapreneur Wanted - Recruitment

Options
  • 23-10-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

In short (I don't want to get into it too much), I would like to offer somebody a chance that I was never offered; to work as an intrapreneur.

This would suit somebody who has contacts, who would like to start making the money they are making for themselves, without the risk / cost of setting up themselves.

Should you or anybody you know be interested in this, please feel free to send me a message here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

How very kind of you! Looking at your other posts I suggest you put an advert in Adverts.ie. and let people do the same and take their chances. Entrepreneurial or management it ain't, IMO.

alcof89 wrote: »
    (I don't want to get into it too much)

I'd advise you do go into it, otherwise it comes off as something far from serious, especially from someone I'd guess is 25 years old, offering business 'opportunities' to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,575 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

In short (I don't want to get into it too much), I would like to offer somebody a chance that I was never offered; to work as an intrapreneur.

This would suit somebody who has contacts, who would like to start making the money they are making for themselves, without the risk / cost of setting up themselves.

Should you or anybody you know be interested in this, please feel free to send me a message here.

Am not being a grammar Nazi and i apologize if it seems like i am but you will find people won't take you serious when you continuously spell Entrepreneur incorrectly.

Am not being a grammar Nazi and i apologize if it seems like i am but you will find people won't take you serious when you continuously spell Entrepreneur incorrectly.

Nope the OP apparently has a large corporation already with which he can offer an 'intrapreneurship' to somebody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

In other words:

You have an idea and you want someone with a lot of contacts and knowledge to work for you to build your business. However, they'll actually be working for themselves earning a living based off commission.

Risk to you = 0.
    Risk to them = Everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

I have a couple of nice ideas. Give me a PM. Regards Oliver

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Thinly veiled I have an idea but I'm too lazy to start it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alcof89

Surprised everybody comes in to criticise! I am not going to go into the situation, but if I am in a position to finance somebody making themselves a lot of money whilst taking a small cut myself, why wouldn't I?

Do the clever person who claimed I couldn't spell 'entrepreneur', an intrapreneur behaves like an entrepreneur within a company.

The person can do what they are doing, for somebody else, whilst pocketing most of the money for themselves as opposed to for the company as is currently done within the industry.

No risk for me? Intrapreneurs receive a wage, I just want them to manage themselves etc. whilst using my resources.

Not sure if trolling is necessary, I'm doing nothing but offering the chance for somebody in recruitment to continue what they are doing, but making more from it.

It's not a job advertisement as it's not a job (I have enough to do, and haven't time to manage anybody else).

I am not being a grammar Nazi and I apologise if it seems like I am but...

DEFINITION OF 'INTRAPRENEUR'
    An inside entrepreneur, or an entrepreneur within a large firm, who uses entrepreneurial skills without incurring the risks associated with those activities. Intrapreneurs are usually employees within a company who are assigned a special idea or project, and are instructed to develop the project like an entrepreneur would. Intrapreneurs usually have the resources and capabilities of the firm at their disposal. The intrapreneur's main job is to turn that special idea or project into a profitable venture for the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

You company is a large enterprise then? and you have the resources to move the project lead by the intrapreneur forward ?

• Advertisement

pedronomix wrote: »
    You company is a large enterprise then? and you have the resources to move the project lead by the intrapreneur forward ?

My company isn't, no; but the company they would be employed by is. It's a recruitment project, and everything is in place yes.

My company isn't, no; but the company they would be employed by is. It's a recruitment project, and everything is in place yes.

So you've been asked by a company to recruit someone who will in turn recruit other people?

smash wrote: »
    So you've been asked by a company to recruit someone who will in turn recruit other people?

Well... that is what happens in the recruitment industry...

Well... that is what happens in the recruitment industry...
    So you're a recruitment agent. You have a job on your books from a company to hire a recruitment agent.

Doesn't sound like a great job if you're not going to go for it yourself.

smash wrote: »
    So you're a recruitment agent. You have a job on your books from a company to hire a recruitment agent.

Doesn't sound like a great job if you're not going to go for it yourself.

Recruitment agents (agencies) hire recruitment agents all the time, it's how they expand. It's like a carpenter hiring another carpenter if two carpenters are required.

I really don't see what is 'horse ****' about potentially chatting with somebody who currently works for somebody else, and would rather work for themselves without all the hassle of setting up a company / risk.

I feel a number of the comments were unwarranted.

To clarify, I never said there would not be a salary attached, therefore there would be risk. Bringing my age into is irrelevant as my age does not account for resources I have access to, what I have done, or what I plan to do; let alone the fact they I never mentioned how many parties were involved.

The purpose of this post was to trigger attention from somebody who is currently working in the industry, who would rather work for themselves without taking the massive risk. Along with a business partner this was something we are looking to accommodate.

If anybody is interested in this, feel free to get in contact - I personally don't see what is wrong with offering somebody the chance to make much more money for what they are currently doing, whilst just answering to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I do have to laugh at this forum sometimes. People on here love to throw around narky comments and be complete smart arses.A lot of the time some of ye think posts like this are an insult to yer abilities hahaha

tacofries wrote: »
    I do have to laugh at this forum sometimes. People on here love to throw around narky comments and be complete smart arses.A lot of the time some of ye think posts like this are an insult to yer abilities hahaha

I dont think what OP is offering is an intrapreneurship. I think its just a sales technique to hire a recruitment consultant. Thats why people are being smart about it to him/her.

I mean the concept of an intrapreneurship is about allowing someone to build a project or an idea under a large corporation, its mainly about innovation and creating new things thats where it was born from. I dont see either of those in this proposition.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danschawbel/2013/09/09/why-companies-want-you-to-become-an-intrapreneur/

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I know what your saying El Rifle, and thinking about it my comment is in the wrong place. Really what I'm trying to say is that in general on this forum there is an awful lot of backhanded comments. I probably shouldn't have brought it up here though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note:

Whatever about people coming on and posting their opinion on the job/op - what is it with people coming on and posting absolute nonsense on this forum that has nothing to do with business or the thread? This isnt after hours, take your nonsense elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Still dunno why my friendly post was deleted, bit harsh ; )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Still dunno why my friendly post was deleted, bit harsh ; )

Keep posting poinless posts like this and your previous one and you will be banned so it wont be an issue...

Advertisement