Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom new line cancellation/restore services on old line

Options
  • 23-10-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there, 

We ordered a new line from eircom in the last two weeks. This has been installed by an engineer and is working fine, however after the installation of the new number, the broadband speed was tested and was shown to be slower than our old line/number.

As part of the sales pitch for the new line, we were promised that if the broadband speed of the new line was worse than our old line, we could switch back without any hassle. 

We cancelled our new number yesterday evening. Our new number is now cancelled, we cannot make/receive calls on it. The cancellation team said that our old number would kick back in once the cancellation takes place. 

It hasn't. We cannot make/receive calls on our old number. Our old line/number is still active. When we ring our old number from just say a mobile phone, we get a ringing tone but the phone doesn't ring

Our old number and new number are on different exchanges, so would an engineer need to be called out to reverse the changes?

Do we need to get services re-enabled on our old number?

I have been round in circles with Eircom support, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Paul.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there, 

We ordered a new line from eircom in the last two weeks. This has been installed by an engineer and is working fine, however after the installation of the new number, the broadband speed was tested and was shown to be slower than our old line/number.

As part of the sales pitch for the new line, we were promised that if the broadband speed of the new line was worse than our old line, we could switch back without any hassle. 

We cancelled our new number yesterday evening. Our new number is now cancelled, we cannot make/receive calls on it. The cancellation team said that our old number would kick back in once the cancellation takes place. 

It hasn't. We cannot make/receive calls on our old number. Our old line/number is still active. When we ring our old number from just say a mobile phone, we get a ringing tone but the phone doesn't ring

Our old number and new number are on different exchanges, so would an engineer need to be called out to reverse the changes?

I have been round in circles with Eircom support, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Paul.
    Hi kingofthehill

Please send me a PM including the 2 phone numbers in question, 2 addresses in question and your contact details - I'll look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there, 

Thanks, 

Paul.
    Hi kingofthehill

Please send me a PM including the 2 phone numbers in question, 2 addresses in question and your contact details - I'll look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the PM kingofthehill

I have escalated this to our technical support team requesting that they increase your speeds to 7MB - as soon as I have more info or a reply from them I will let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement