Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloodline [Netflix]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Just watched 2.01. Good.

+1
    Great show , I was really looking forward to the return of this show and it didn't disappoint, one of the better shows from last year. Great casting and visually stunning... Great opener for season 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Looks like they've upped the drugs, alcohol and swearing quota this season. :pac:

3 episodes in,,,,,,
    It's building nicely , Danny's flashbacks are well done.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Thought there was 13 episodes, only 10

Finished it now and desperate for more

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

Im only on episode 3 of season 2 and Im loving it. Theres a lot going on so its not something you can half watch. I love Danny (Ben Mandelson) He's a great actor who is perfect for this character. I admit the appeal of season 1 was Danny so theres a gapping hole in this season without him.
    I love the setting, the florida keys. You can almost taste the hot air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm up to episode 5 or 6 so far. Another cracking season. It's addictive TV. I'm actually dying to get home to watch more, though I suspect the lovely weather may hamper that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Is the kid who hangs the cigarette off his lips like Danny, Danny's son? I would not have known it was Danny's son, if he didn't hang the cigarette off his lips just like his Dad. How very subtle.

Who thought it was a good idea to give John Leguizamo a role in a serious drama? Terrible actor.

Having Ben Mendelsohn return just felt cheap to me. Killing him off was shocking and dramatic. I feel you take away the impact of that when he appears as ghostly visions and flashbacks. I know many shows do it, but I'm quite sick of actors returning after being killed off. Can't a shocking death of major character ever be definitive? It seems some shows, like Bloodline, want to have the shocking death, but still get more performances out of the great actor they killed off.

In one of the early episodes of the season, John asks Meg to help him run for sheriff, and she slaps him in the face. Why is this okay? If you switched the characters and dynamics, and Linda Cardellini's Meg asked Kyle Chandler's John, to help her run for sheriff, would it be okay or "look right" for Kyle Chandler to slap Linda Cardellini right in the face? I think not.

The family's problems this season were because they killed a guy,
    Kevin solves that by killing a guy. Good job, Kev!

Creatively, I feel next season should be the last, and they could end it in six episodes, but it'll probably be at least another 10.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finished s2. Enjoyed it, particularly the acting.

Danny had a way of getting under your skin, which they couldn't really replicate again, not that I expected them to.

As to what might come next
    Erm, at the end of season 3 will it be Meg's turn to murder someone, and Sally in season 4?! I'm glad Kevin got sober, but am guessing that's gonna go to crap again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I loved series one of this, Danny was an utterly compelling character and I was riveted and perplexed by him, he kept me guessing all the way as to his true nature.

This series I miss his character and that focus point in the drama. Also I'm finding it awfully hard to follow, I feel as if I should've been taking notes last season,a lot of notes, they're presupposing an huge level of previous knowledge of things that were subtly presented last season. I'm finding I'm thinking "who the hell is that?" more often than I'd like.

I certainly wouldn't make a Florida Keys drug dealer anyway. In one episode tonight a tense drama cresendoed with one deal asking another "just exactly what are you implying??" and smouldering looks of understanding ensured. Despite paying close attention, I again had no idea what was implied! I'd have been toast if I was there.

It's annoying if you watched season 1 last year when it was released that you'd nearly need to watch i again now just to properly keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I started watching episode one the weekend it came out and was really confused. Finished it the other night and I'm still really confused. Definitely think I need to re-watch the last episode of season one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

I loved series one of this, Danny was an utterly compelling character and I was riveted and perplexed by him, he kept me guessing all the way as to his true nature.

This series I miss his character and that focus point in the drama. Also I'm finding it awfully hard to follow, I feel as if I should've been taking notes last season,a lot of notes, they're presupposing an huge level of previous knowledge of things that were subtly presented last season. I'm finding I'm thinking "who the hell is that?" more often than I'd like.

I certainly wouldn't make a Florida Keys drug dealer anyway. In one episode tonight a tense drama cresendoed with one deal asking another "just exactly what are you implying??" and smouldering looks of understanding ensured. Despite paying close attention, I again had no idea what was implied! I'd have been toast if I was there.

It's annoying if you watched season 1 last year when it was released that you'd nearly need to watch i again now just to properly keep up.

I went back and watched season 1 after the first episode of season two as there was a lot of things I confused about.

One of the problems of binge watching, you don't digest each episode as much as when watching weekly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Glad I'm not the only one!
    It's a pity it was done this way as it's such a good series and in some ways it's subtlety is a strength but it doesn't work spread over two seasons. Two many delicate threads to pick up from last season, things I'd completely forgotten. I don't think just watching the last episode of season 1 would get you up to date either as there's reference to several events that happened toward the middle of season 1.

On a totally separate note I watched an Australian series called Tangle starring Ben Mendlesohn who plays Danny here. Again he played an absolute blinder as a bad guy who keeps his menacing side barely concealed from his family. It's more of a family drama than Bloodline, doesn't focus around a crime so much,well not one Ben is involved in, but if you want to see more of him it's good and it's on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

More family drama
    More Florida
    More boats
    More local politics
    More Kyle Chandler

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is series 2 much good/worth a watch? Never got around to it, liked series one but not sure if I'm keen on a second season of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

I really enjoyed both series although one was slow at times. I was left at the end of most episodes wanting to watch the next one which is always good. Pity it's not being renewed after the third series :(

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I really enjoyed both series although one was slow at times. I was left at the end of most episodes wanting to watch the next one which is always good. Pity it's not being renewed after the third series :(

I cant see where else they can take it after the 3rd season unless they start afresh with a new story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Second one starts quite slow but builds up on the tension to the end as well as feeling something for the kid by the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is Series 3
    ust going to be them covering up the cop's death? Too similar to them covering up the brother's death in my opinion
    . I hope they've something better up their sleeves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ben Mendelsohn won an Emmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 teaser and the season drops on May 26th.

Nice one. Looking forward to this

Can't believe how quickly it's come around again. Need my Kyle Chandler fix!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

May as well? A very busy month for my Netflix shows - new seasons of "House of Cards", "Sense8", "Master of None", and "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" also in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Can't believe how quickly it's come around again. Need my Kyle Chandler fix!
    I'm rewatching Friday Night Lights- have you seen it? Great show

ixoy wrote: »
    May as well? A very busy month for my Netflix shows - new seasons of "House of Cards", "Sense8", "Master of None", and "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" also in May.
    I, for one, can't wait until Netflix has 52 quality series, and can release a new season of a show every Friday of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

At last!! Been waiting for months for this announcement. Gonna have to re-watch it though to get back into it but I don't really mind. It was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer

Good old messed up family, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

This is out on Friday... can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭wotausername

Season 3 out now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

This season is really good. Big improvement on season 2!

I watched the first episode of season 3, and nothing f*cking happened. There's no fallout from the season 2 finale, it's one of the most boring episodes of television I've ever watched. After a fantastic first season, I'm done with this show. Pushing through to watch the remaining nine episodes of the series is not something that excites me at all.

Ok Im confused, can somebody please fill me in on a few things so far in season 3. Firstly where did Dannys son and his mom go? I don't remember them leaving in season 2. And where does Dannys mums sleazy cuban boyfriend fit in in all of this? And who was the woman he dropped in on and stayed the night? Kevin is just a bumbling idiot and Meg is annoying AF. Why is she all mournful and nostalgic over her ex when she wanted nothing to do with him before stupid killed him. Maybe its been too long between seasons but I'm not feeling this one at all and its nothing without Ben Mendleson who played Danny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Don't think I could have been more disappointed with that as a final season.

Without giving anything away (as I sped through it quite quickly), it felt "unresolved".
    Not saying every little thing needed a bow on it, but it felt abrupt yet meandering.

When it comes to setting tone, not many shows do it better; acting, music, setting all piece together something that looks and feels splendidly grim, but yeah, disappointing. Feel thoroughly unfulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Looks like they played all there chips in the first season and had nowhere else to go by mid season 2. Unfortunate because the first season was top class but I remember Damages had that very same problem and that carried on for another two or three seasons before the final nail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So at what point of season 2 should I stop watching? :D think I'm half way through, was already starting to creak, but the posts here are very ominous. Doubt I'll bother with season 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I'm just after finishing season three..... ugh, really disappointing ending.

For something that had so much potential in the first season, the last season was absolutely ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Wish it had ended better tbh, as it had a great cast. Felt like the last season in particular dragged and dragged... lot of filler dialogue and scenarios that went nowhere.
    And that ending..... WTF! That's how they choose to end it....'ah John, be a dear and just tell Nolan about what went down between you and his dad. Yep, that pretty much wraps everything up'..... No, no it doesn't! So nobody got their comeuppance at all. Granted sally couldn't sell the inn and Kevin got caught by the DEA. However, aside from losing his marriage, John basically got off Scott free....! No justice for Eric, nada. No justice for Marco. They also randomly introduced 2 new characters (new female detective and John's friend from Boston) for no flipping reason. The Ozzy storyline went absolutely nowhere!! And the second last episode seemed like a clip show of previous scenes mashed together rather than add anything fruitful to the storyline

***Spoiler alert***This article pretty much lists all the loose ends which were never tied up

• Advertisement

Im not finished season 3 yet but i feel a Bobby Ewing shower moment coming on. Too much of John falling apart and dram sequences. Im a bit lost and going on everyones reviews don't really care to keep at it. So disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mindset wrote: »
    Im not finished season 3 yet but i feel a Bobby Ewing shower moment coming on. Too much of John falling apart and dram sequences. Im a bit lost and going on everyones reviews don't really care to keep at it. So disappointing.

It was the whole 'is this real or is it in his head' stuff that annoyed me. It got ridiculous towards the end.

That 3rd season was truly awful.

Season 1 was soooooo good, great cast great locations, great acting...
    anyone reads this, watch season 1 and enjoy it for what it is and leave it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

moby2101 wrote: »
    That 3rd season was truly awful.

Season 1 was soooooo good, great cast great locations, great acting...
    anyone reads this, watch season 1 and enjoy it for what it is and leave it there.

What an absolute crock of horse excrement this season was. Really enjoyed the first two seasons but this was pointless. Episode 9 was like groundhog day from hell and was just idiotic. Poor poor end to this season and the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

The ending was up there with Dexter.....................awful

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Think I'll be giving s3 a miss, thanks all for saving me the bother

• Advertisement

I was enjoying it til episode 9. Not quite sure what the hell happened there

Well, that was a sometimes painful season and a pile of disappointment. The penultimate episode in particular was abysmal. Introspection for John? PTSD? Amnesia? Trippy, dreamy? I didn't particularly care and that was the feeling throughout too many of the 10 episodes. I'm not bothered about the accuracy of how PTSD is portrayed because the execution and that episode was probably the worst episode of the whole series. The second half of the finale was pretty much muck too. Loose ends - again, I'm not too bothered, but they brought people back (throughout the season) for little reason.

I remember watching 3.01 last weekend thinking wtf was that all about. It was as though the writers just slapped anything together or took a bunch of notes, threw them in a blender and season 3 was the result. I watched the rest in chunks of 2-3. Writers must have fallen asleep at their keyboards shortly after they started work on s3. They had the ingredients, cast and the location, honestly, the cast deserved a lot better. Yes, we get it. "We are the Rayburns. We hide stuff. We are sad".

Watchable, yes. Entertaining, sadly not very this year.

Still, at least Kevin got to say "we're fcked", about 8 times through the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Did Kevin survive til the end?!

I'm only half way through the second season but not pushed to go back, especially after reading the universal panning of season 3!

Kevin's repeated fvck ups are borderline hilarious though. I think they killed the wrong brother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

I agree Season three had a disappointing end (seems filming tax breaks ran out in Florida and writers had to shorten story from six seasons to three) with Episode 9 being pointless and finale feeling rushed.
    I still really enjoyed it though, was gripped all the way, great acting and brilliant portrayal of family dynamics and the impact of telling and maintaining lies.
    Maybe some film company will take an interest and shoot a few more seasons...Kyle Chandler will surely have to be brought to justice and poor O Bannon released...surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I didn't like Kevin very much in the first season but I actually ended up thinking he was such a brilliant character. I got a giggle every time he came out with the 'we're ****ed, ****, we are seriously ****ed" and all of the head in his hands and other physical expressions. The actor was brilliant.

But yeah, seriously disappointing end to it all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement