Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling with United airlines with baby

Options
  • 23-10-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Did anyone ever traveled with united to the USA?
    If so can we bring both a stroller and car seat for free?
    I have been reading conflicting information online (including on United websites), therefore want to check with you.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Amouar wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Did anyone ever traveled with united to the USA?
    If so can we bring both a stroller and car seat for free?
    I have been reading conflicting information online (including on United websites), therefore want to check with you.

Thanks!

We flew with then in the summer but only brought a buggy so I can't directly answer your question. However, we did have awful trouble with the self-service check-in as our son didn't have his own seat and their system didn't allow allocate a baggage allowance for him. It did eventually get sorted, but it took a long time at the desk, the staff were less than helpful. I suggest you contact United directly for a definitive answer. My belief is each seated passenger gets one "bag", and infants are also allowed a car seat/buggy. A car-seat or buggy can count as a "bag" so if they have their own seat then they can take both, but if travelling on parents lap only gets one allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

+1 for that. The check in is bad. Makes no sense esp for families.

Advertisement