Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing query

Options
  • 23-10-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I PMd you a few days ago, but got no response. Might get more notice here...
    I recently got in contact with the technical section of Eircom regarding the dreadful broadband speeds I was receiving up to a month ago. My number is currently not eFibre enabled, but has been inside the catchment map on your website for the past year. So I'm making do with up to 24mb, my broadband never reaches 3mb!

The reason I'm writing is that for the second time since signing up to you I've noticed that I've been charged more than the €50/m due to 'Excess usage'. From what I was aware I was supposed to be signed up to was 'unlimited broadband'. From what I can remember I did't receive any discount on my bill, such as the current one of €24/m. I feel that it's unfair that customers who are able to sign up who are within your eFibre area pay less than what I was charged in excess, €24.35 inc VAT, yet I'm left with terrible speeds in comparison.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I recently got in contact with the technical section of Eircom regarding the dreadful broadband speeds I was receiving up to a month ago. My number is currently not eFibre enabled, but has been inside the catchment map on your website for the past year. So I'm making do with up to 24mb, my broadband never reaches 3mb!

The reason I'm writing is that for the second time since signing up to you I've noticed that I've been charged more than the €50/m due to 'Excess usage'. From what I was aware I was supposed to be signed up to was 'unlimited broadband'. From what I can remember I did't receive any discount on my bill, such as the current one of €24/m. I feel that it's unfair that customers who are able to sign up who are within your eFibre area pay less than what I was charged in excess, €24.35 inc VAT, yet I'm left with terrible speeds in comparison.
    Hi Bebo stunnah

Apologies for the delays, I have not received your PM so if you would like to PM me your eircom account number I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Hi Bebo stunnah

Apologies for the delays, I have not received your PM so if you would like to PM me your eircom account number I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al
    I PM'd you on the account details on Friday.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Bebo stunnah

Thanks
    Al
    I PM'd you on the account details on Friday.

Thanks.
    I've found your details, sorry for the delay in coming back to you Bebo stunnah,

I've checked your account and as long as you have broadband service with ourselves you have had a cap on your download allowance. If you wish to change this you can call our sales team on 1800 503 303, they'll be able to help you with this.

The current promotion of €24 is for new customers only I'm afraid, you are receiving a credit of €25.39 every month off your bill. If you wish to explore your option with the loyalty team on 1901 they may be able to offer you a further discount.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement