Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains water pressure in Ballina

Options
  • 23-10-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone know what the mains water pressure is in Ballina?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I don't know but our water pressure has definitely deteriorated in the last few days. I note that there was works being done on the mains on the junction of sligo road/bunree last week and today they are working at the Ham bridge.

Doesn't bode well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Mains pressure will differ depending on location and elevation so impossible to answer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Any idea what the max would be? I wanna get a pressure gauge to measure something but was wondering if a 4 bar gauge would be enough - would it get any higher than that in the town?

Any idea what the max would be? I wanna get a pressure gauge to measure something but was wondering if a 4 bar gauge would be enough - would it get any higher than that in the town?

I think that would be loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Max mains pressure is supposed to be 6bar. I'd buy a 0-10 bar gauge for mains water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Perfect, the one I had my eye on is no use then!

I doubt you will find anything near 6 bar around ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

It's not ideal but it'll do you.

The danger is if the council decide to improve the pressure you will pop your gauge.

Advertisement