Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Transaction Limit on Student Account

Options
  • 23-10-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I have a third level student account and I was just wondering what the daily transaction limit is. I will be paying for a visa online within the next couple of days and the cost is around €2200. I have heard that the transaction limit is €2500, is that true? It's very important that the payment is processed quickly and is successful on the first go. The application form suggests I ring my bank in advance to let them know about the transaction. Is this necessary? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Umbreal, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

When making a purchase with your Visa Debit Card, once there are sufficient funds in your account, there is no daily limit set in place by Bank of Ireland. The company themselves might set a transaction limit and we would suggest that you clarify this with them before purchasing to avoid disappointment. 

While it is not necessary, we would certainly advise calling BOI365 to inform our representatives of your intention to make this purchase. As this transaction maybe outside of your normal pattern of spending, by notifying our representatives this will help avoid any unnecessary security checks by our Fraud Team.  

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement