Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Yosemite slows Mac

• 23-10-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I upgraded to Yosemite earlier in the week- MBP late 2010- and the filevault is hanging at half way encryption. system is now like an arthritic granny. anyone have a similar issue?

Very frustrating

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I've found Safari to be unusable. I have done everything I can to speed it up but nothing works. I haven't experienced issues anywhere else (using a 2013 Macbook Air).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Hi lads, I upgraded to Yosemite earlier in the week- MBP late 2010- and the filevault is hanging at half way encryption. system is now like an arthritic granny. anyone have a similar issue?

Very frustrating

Mac forum is here Mac you might get more suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

I'm using a late-2011 Mac Book Pro and it is running faster and I've noticed an improvement in the battery life. I used Chrome as my default browser, on rare occasions I use Safari, can't say I've noticed anything with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Chrome runs terribly (and safari worse) on my 2013 rMBP 15" but is fine on 2012 MBA 13". Weird. Animations are jumpy/jerky for me on both (mission control, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

I've tried to de-crypt the drive but now that's frozen at 2/3. At this point my 10 year old Dell desk top is a far superior machine. The macbook is unusable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjulien88

had similar issue with maverick...
    what i did to solve this problem was doing a clean install of yosemite
    My macbook pro (mid 2009) is now much faster than before...i guess it helps sometimes to do a clean install, like starting from scratch! Just make sure to back up all your content as this involves erasing all the HD content

• Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjulien88

(and yes...prior to that my macbook was extremely slow, we're talking a good 10 minutes to switch on etc...)

Advertisement