Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre modem factory reset questions RE: eVision.

Options
  • 23-10-2014 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Had to do a hard reset on my eFibre modem since we got eVison installed. Do I need to change any settings on my factory reseted modem for eVision now? I'm only getting 30mbps even though my line rate is 50 and my attainable line rate is 75. I know because we have hd evision that we can only get a 50mbps profile but why am I only getting 30mbps? Is it because of settings lost during factory reset of the modem?

Regards,
    Shoden

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Had to do a hard reset on my eFibre modem since we got eVison installed. Do I need to change any settings on my factory reseted modem for eVision now? I'm only getting 30mbps even though my line rate is 50 and my attainable line rate is 75. I know because we have hd evision that we can only get a 50mbps profile but why am I only getting 30mbps? Is it because of settings lost during factory reset of the modem?

Regards,
    Shoden
    Hi ShodenMcClane

The best advice I can offer you is to get in touch with technical support directly via webchat: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/ or on 1890260260. They will be able to run tests on your speeds and pinpoint the reasons. I've been advised there are no additional settings required for evision (other than the IP needs to be dynamic) although it is best to mention this to them also.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Advertisement