Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman killed, 7 injured in garda chase outside Kildare

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

The 5 occupants of the Polo being chased & the 2 guards have been taken to hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Where does it say they got away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Five people in a polo thats been involved in a crash is bad news.

Id expect more tragedies....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Those 5 occupants should be operated on without anesthetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sorry the article is unclear. Does not say that they didn't get way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Crazy stuff

Does anyone know if the 5 occupants of the Polo being chased & the 2 guards have been taken to hospital ?

Its says 7 people including 2 garda taken to hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

Cops trying to be heroes again .too good for the filth.

Mod: Troll banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I hope the scumbags being chased by the Gardaí die off one by one overnight in screaming agony.

R.I.P to the poor woman caught up in this.

Wtf seriously

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What a moronic comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Jesus christ. I'm a cynical **** at the best of times, but what the **** is wrong with you.

Poor woman lost her life, can't imagine what her family are going through right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Such an idiotic statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

who uses a polo as a getaway car.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

Probably showing off with the squad car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Folks, ignore him. Check his other posts,......

Goes without saying. RIP to the young woman killed tonight.

Could have been any one of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Poor woman - RIP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

You sir are a total d@@khead with a comment like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Rip to the poor woman involved and sincere condolences to a family that has received some tragic news tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Probably showing off with the squad car

Don't feed.

If the gardai were given far more resources they could probably have brought this to an end sooner and without injury.

Sorry

• Advertisement

Rip to the poor woman.

But I have to ask, why were the guards making the boxing manoeuvre beside a slipway while another driver was in the middle?

Sure god love them. You can see the script in front of the judge already - "only buzzin, nuthin to do, bad upbringing" etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Five people in a Polo is dodgy when you're obeying the law, not to mind speeding in a getaway! :eek:

Saddened to hear that there was a woman killed, a case of wrong place at the wrong time. The book must be thrown at those accountable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lapin wrote: »
    I hope the scumbags being chased by the Gardaí die off one by one overnight in screaming agony.

R.I.P to the poor woman caught up in this.

I hope the scumbags are brought to justice, but god love that family of that poor lady :(

Stheno wrote: »
    I hope the scumbags are brought to justice,

Sadly we don't do justice in Ireland and vast majority here know that won't happen. They won't get what they should get. Never do. More concern with their rights rather than the victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

The 5 occupants of the Polo being chased & the 2 guards have been taken to hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

****in weird one.

RIP lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Sure god love them. You can see the script in front of the judge already - "only buzzin, nuthin to do, bad upbringing" etc
    They have a lack of 'facilities' in fairness. Poor lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Basterds, rip. Poor woman's family. I hope those scumbags get locked up for 20 years.

However I would like to know why it's seen as a necessity to chase youths on a busy motorway. Is not far more convenient to just follow them with a chopper of sorts to avoid what happened.

It's also like to know if the garda who stopped them were qualified to pursue at high speed s

• Advertisement

Any scumbag that says in court "nuthin to do" and puts the words "your honour" at the end should get an automatic hanging by the balls and 15 year jail sentence for being a thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Basterds, rip. Poor woman's family. I hope those scumbags get locked up for 20 years.

However I would like to know why it's seen as a necessity to chase youths on a busy motorway. Is not far more convenient to just follow them with a chopper of sorts to avoid what happened.

It's also like to know if the garda who stopped them were qualified to pursue at high speed s

'A chopper of sorts' might be otherwise engaged or useless because it won't be on the scene in time before they disappear into some sh1thole estate. Ground units would still be required to pursue them regardless in case they ditch the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

This

****in weird one.

Not really polo rear ended the victims car which in turn apparently hit a garda car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gatling wrote: »
    Not really polo rear ended the victims car which in turn apparently hit a garda car

And that doesn't seem out of the ordinary to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

We need to crack down seriously on this sort of behaviour. None of these little scrotes have any fear because they'll most likely walk away with a slap on the wrist when all is said and done. A woman who was innocently going about her day is now dead because of the actions of the 5 people in that car. No doubt a family somewhere not too far away from me right now has had their hearts ripped out because of the stupid reckless f*ckery of those arseholes.

• Advertisement

And that doesn't seem out of the ordinary to you?

The Gardai were attempting to box the Polo in, the victim was apparently attempting to merge and ended up in the middle of the manouvere between the lead Garda car and the Polo. It's hardly a job for Sherlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Any scumbag that says in court "nuthin to do" and puts the words "your honour" at the end should get an automatic hanging by the balls and 15 year jail sentence for being a thick.

rip to the lady involved.

totally agree with your sentiment. But they will probably get a suspended sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Blay wrote: »
    The Gardai were attempting to box the Polo in, the victim's car apparently merged right into the middle of the manouvere between the lead Garda car and the Polo.

I would wonder was it not possible for the Gardai in pursuit to communicate with the local cops in Kildare to close off the slip road from the town as they passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

Rip to the poor woman.

But I have to ask, why were the guards making the boxing manoeuvre beside a slipway while another driver was in the middle?

That's what the papers are saying. I think when the Ombudsmans investigation is completed it will show that wasn't the case.

Blay wrote: »
    The Gardai were attempting to box the Polo in, the victim's car apparently merged right into the middle of the manouvere between the lead Garda car and the Polo. It's hardly a job for Sherlock.

A slipway is the wrong area to make a boxing manoeuvre unless the junction has been closed to incoming traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

anncoates wrote: »
    This

Open to correction on this but was there not some sort of kibosh put on the guards re engaging in high speed chases with joyriders in the last few years?
    I think it came about after there had been several accidents/ deaths of the people who were being pursued and then IIRC a guard died?

A slipway is the wrong area to make a boxing manoeuvre unless the junction has been closed to incoming traffic.

There may have been factors which forced their hand and it had to be done there..we don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

rip to the lady involved.

totally agree with your sentiment. But they will probably get a suspended sentence.

shuffles88 wrote: »
    I would wonder was it not possible for the Gardai in pursuit to communicate with the local cops in Kildare to close off the slip road from the town as they passed.

Depending on when they picked up the Polo they may not have had time to or they may have radioed ahead for it to be done but as with anything there is a response time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

RIP to the woman.

Yes, and if possible have a load of spike strips ahead to puncture the tires, but I know this isn't always possible because of slip roads, side streets etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Where are you all getting 7 people from including guards, any news source so far says 5 people taken to hospital, doesn't specify what people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

shuffles88 wrote: »
    We need to crack down seriously on this sort of behaviour. None of these little scrotes have any fear because they'll most likely walk away with a slap on the wrist when all is said and done. A woman who was innocently going about her day is now dead because of the actions of the 5 people in that car. No doubt a family somewhere not too far away from me right now has had their hearts ripped out because of the stupid reckless f*ckery of those arseholes.

I would love to see long sentences for morons like these but you and I both know that some other moron will stand up in the Dail or such, claiming that these morons are victims themselves. Feel so sorry for the family and friends of that lady.

There are lots of small country roads off the motorway in that area with no lights etc, so it might have been deemed safer to try and stop them on the motorway. Also, if they went onto the country roads, they could have inflicted more damage and the Gardai would have been blamed for not trying to stop them sooner, I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You sir are a total d@@khead with a comment like that
    Yes we have that figured out by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Is not far more convenient to just follow them with a chopper of sorts to avoid what happened.
    Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I was hoping this would be a good news story, i.e. one of the scum bags dead, but no an innocent woman going about her own business died... well Ill be hoping for some good news...

• Advertisement
Advertisement