Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time work & welfare help!

Options
  • 24-10-2014 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

help, i need some advice,

i am currently on illness benefit and getting full payment of E188 as i suffered bullying and stress related during my previous job.
    i have since gotten back on track and am now seeking and ready for employment again.

i applied for a job with argos recently and today got called for an interview, by 2 hours later i had found i have gotten the job.
    however... and herein lays the problem. its for christmas period and contract is for 10 hours, so im getting 90 odd euros but the problem is i cant get any supplementary help from social welfare when i go off illness benefit.
    my hours are spread over 5 days or possibly 2-3 days it can vary from week to week as hours and times are flexible. if i work more than 3 days i won't get ANY social welfare help.
    its either work for 90 euros and no welfare help or sit on my ass and get 188 from illness benefit!!!

i do not understand this? the social welfare are trying to get people back to work but they will not accommodate for maybe somebody's few hours spread out over the week!!! i dont get it???
    its absolute stupidity at its finest.
    i really dont want to sit on my ass i want to work but i'm wondering is there any other possible avenue i could go or am i at a dead end here and should i forget about this job??
    Tagged:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement