Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wardrobe woe

Options
  • 24-10-2014 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

I paid €650 for a white laminate wardrobe, locker and chest of drawers.
    The wardrobe was out of stock on the day they agreed to deliver it so they said they would send one they had on display which was new (not "sold as seen")- and which i should have refused.
    When it came, there were some marks on it including one which won't rub out, but nothing to be too annoyed about.

Underneath the wardrobe has plastic caster wheels, described as "transportation wheels", and a note inside the wardrobe recommends to remove them for stability. The wheels push in to plastic corners, stapled to the corners of the wardrobe. One of these was busted - the staples were missing on one side and it was cracked, so i phoned up to complain. She said the wheels are usually removed (they actually just pop out, but the plastic corners are stabled). As one of them was busted it would make it difficult to move the wardrobe to another room in future or resell it.

She sent another wardrobe a week later. The delivery men removed the old one and (missing a wheel) it scraped my floor... Laminate wood floor, which the idiot attempted to cover up with a brown marker. It doesn't look to bad really so I'd be willing to forget about it

Before they left i unwrapped and inspected the new wardrobe. It had a noticeable 3cm lump out of it so i didn't accept it either. They offered to remove the wheel from it and put it on the old wardrobe. When they wheeled it back in i saw they had completely scuffed the bottom of the wardrobe, obviously from trying to drag it earlier. It looks awful. They were told to leave it with me, and the supplier would get a new one for me.

Bit of a disaster all round. I should have just removed the casters in the first place i suppose. Bit premature to be posting here, just fairly annoyed. Obviously I'm going to try to resolve it with the store.

If i can't I'd probably like to return the full set for a refund.. Possibly using visa credit card's chargeback facility (which i gather is difficult to do in Ireland). The next option would be the small claims court.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

Terrible service . . .

I would revisit forgetting about the floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Ask for a refund and also for compensation to fix the floor they damaged.

I wouldn't accept anything other than being in the situation prior to the agreeing to buy the wardrobe.

Advertisement