Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Holiday Hour Entitlement

Options
  • 24-10-2014 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have a issue in my current employment due to my accrued paid holiday hours and I'm wondering about my entitlements, if any.

The current situation is that I am in the final week of a Zero Hour contract and will be moving to a Full Time contract from next Monday, it has been fast tracked by a week due to being busy.

I have accrued approximately 130 hours of paid holiday leave. This is due to the business and having any requests declined either due to business being busy or simply because others had also requested that time off.

The issue now is, I have 130 paid hours to take, and I can't take them due to the contract change. Management have made a tentative statement to me that they will be willing to pay me for 80 of these hours only, and that the remainder will be wiped off the records. No pay, no leave, just simply wiped away.

Something I also discovered just this evening, is that management, or someone, has changed the amount of hours I have accrued… and that there is a discrepancy in everything from days previous.

Do I have any recourse for this? Am I entitled to full pay for those 130 hours regardless of moving from Zero Hour to Full Time? Am I entitled to 'leave' for those hours?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

I have included a few images below as proof of requests/declinations and hours accrued as well as the changes that I discovered.

This is my holiday entitlement a few days ago

Shows multiple requests declined

Changes I discovered tonight

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The last one shows you've a few days approved between now and next week

Advertisement