Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Series 8, Episode 10 - "Forest of the Night"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Perhaps the whole thing about Clara's inconsistency about travelling with the Doctor and lying will be explained in the finale, something along the lines of the earlier storyline where the Tardis was scanning Amy and saying pregnant/not pregnant over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Perhaps the whole thing about Clara's inconsistency about travelling with the Doctor and lying will be explained in the finale, something along the lines of the earlier storyline where the Tardis was scanning Amy and saying pregnant/not pregnant over and over.

It has been a little strange with Clara this season and how both she and the doctor have been changeable in how they act with each other

I am starting to formulate the half assed opinion that he might be visiting her in different timelines? Might explain things

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My problem with Clara at this point has nothing to do with her development, which has been commendable and at some points very enjoyable.

It's that I'm having a problem with what it's all meant to mean. One episode she hates the Doctor, next she loves him, she doesn't like lying, she's a lier, she tells the Doctor off for not helping, she wants a load of children to die because they'd be sad otherwise.

I understand and appreciate that the character is supposed to be growing, and change, but it's not like a progression, it's scattershot and it's beginning to grate..

I think, and this was mostly gleaned from 'Listen' (if it's the episode I'm thinking of), the scattershot attitude has been down to a notion of Clara being addicted to travelling in the TARDIS, addicted to the wonder and danger inherent with being a companion to the Doctor.

She outright lied to the Doctor about Danny being fine with her travelling, and hid it with exaggerated cheeriness, the classic 'oh I'm fine, don't worry about it'. It has been a little inconsistent, but since that moment, as well as those in other episodes such as The Caretaker, I've taken her reactions to be rooted in addiction: she loves and hates the Doctor but just can't bare to let go of what Sarah Jane once called 'all that splendor'.

I agree her speech about letting the children die was totally off, but to be honest that's picking one badly-written moment from an episode that was badly written from start to finish :D

Advertisement