Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee in Dublin this weekend

Options
  • 24-10-2014 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Back to Dublin this Sunday/Monday to meet friends and cheer on marathon runners.

I used to live by that place which is kinda cool, 3FE :D and go there every time I am back. I have also enjoyed Coffee Angel, Vice, Roasted Brown, Clement and Pekoe, a varying number of times each. but it's good to mix things up!

Any recommendations for new/cool/exciting coffee spots around?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll be running said marathon so if you could have a double espresso from your cafe of choice waiting for me at the finish that would be cool.

On your question I think you have most bases covered, I do most of my coffee drinking at home these days so can't really help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 caffaddict

just-joe wrote: »
    Back to Dublin this Sunday/Monday to meet friends and cheer on marathon runners.

I used to live by that place which is kinda cool, 3FE :D and go there every time I am back. I have also enjoyed Coffee Angel, Vice, Roasted Brown, Clement and Pekoe, a varying number of times each. but it's good to mix things up!

Any recommendations for new/cool/exciting coffee spots around?

I quite like the two fifty square in Rathmines. Or check out the science gallery cafe in Trinity, they are run by Cloud Picker coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Kaph on Drury Street is excellent and fits in well with the list you have!

Was in Clemont and Pekoe during the week and the quality of DE had taken a dive, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭jdburkedjburke

Art of Coffee in Grand Canal Quay is also very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I also believe Cup is excellent (Nassau Street behind Trinity)

Not open Sundays, so not too sure about Bank Holiday Monday.

If you decide to go out and about, try The Happy Pear in Greystones, Bear Market in Blackrock and Mystic Picnic in Roundwood-all 3 up with the best of what the city has on your list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Why is it that the very best coffee places that I have been recommended present me with a brew that tastes like fermented slightly gone off wine or beer. Does anyone know what I am talking about. What am I tasting?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Would you believe it, in the end I didn't manage a single coffee in Dublin. I was there for only Monday and cheering on runners took almost all of coffee shop opening hours.

I have been to most of the city places mentioned except two-fifty in Rathmines. I also checked out Bear Market ages ago and thought it was ok. Would like to go back there and the places in Greystones and Roundwood, nice to get out of the city!

This list has kinda reminded how many cool spots there are in Dublin. There used to be just a couple!

Adrian - hope the race went well and you found that double espresso!

Cloudatlas - I have never felt a coffee to taste like gone of beer.. perhaps it's an aquired taste that you're still coming round too? Usually coffee tastes like coffee to me, with hints of other flavours eg lemon or orange, chocolate are common ones. Everyones palate is different I guess?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

just-joe wrote: »

Cloudatlas - I have never felt a coffee to taste like gone of beer.. perhaps it's an aquired taste that you're still coming round too? Usually coffee tastes like coffee to me, with hints of other flavours eg lemon or orange, chocolate are common ones. Everyones palate is different I guess?!

Agreed normally coffee is very smooth and rich tasting but I found when I ask for a flat white at these establishments I get something that tastes a bit fermented. :confused: I don't know it can't be something that they are doing wrong I assume they mean it to taste like that.

Advertisement